“Great location !!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Gurabo, PR United States
“Great location !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice boutique style hotel with excellent location. Close to the main attractions in downtown Philly. Great views from the rooms to various monuments. Very modern, clean and elegant. The rooms are superb. Food is great with a French cuisine twist. Will recommend this hotel for business trips and couples, not necessarily for families with kids.

• Stayed August 2012
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Nivea,

Thank you for your great review and comments about our modern, clean and elegant hotel. We are fortunate to have a great collection of civic and national treasures very close to our hotel and I’m delighted you were able to enjoy our central location. Our chef and cooks will be delighted they were able to deliver you a great meal.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again,
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
hartford,ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here last year and was and determined to get back. The hotel takes your breath away. The atrium, bar and reception area is edgy, friendly and chic. The staff was helpful, the food was great and the bar was tasty. Then I took the elevator to my room! The room is very updated, lots of soft plushy, robes, pillow etc... The bathroom is great. Awesome shower, it attached me from all angles. The location of the hotel is awesome. It's a short walk to anywhere. I'm going back in March.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

As a SPG Platinum member, I was excited to try Le Meridien after too many stays at the Sheraton on 17th & Race. I must say the 3 night stay left me underwhelmed. Right off the bat, there was only valet parking for my car at $38 per night. Check-in took too long - almost 5 minutes even though they had everything from me. I was upgraded to a small suite utilizing my platinum suite nights. Got into the room and was thirsty, and the small, regular bottle of water which is usually free in SPG properties (particularly LESS EXPENSIVE Alofts) was $3 here. Signed onto the internet and they are charging everyone $9.99/day unless you are platinum (again free at the LESS EXPENSIVE Aloft near airport). I'm torn as this hotel is a slightly better location than the Sheraton for the downtown action, but worse location for highway accessibility as the Sheraton exit is right near the highways for my daily business trips to Conshohocken. Hate to say it, but even as Platinum, my next stay in downtown Philly might be at a Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lilroy0

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate your business and hope that we can have the opportunity to host you again and earn your respect for our commitment to our SPG loyal guests.

I am delighted we were able to provide you with a suite and I apologize for the 5 minute wait at check in. There are alternatives to valet parking and our doorman can offer directions to self parking options in the area. There is a surface parking lot behind the hotel that will give you the quick and easy freeway access you enjoy at the Sheraton. Platinum members are entitled to complimentary water. If you were charged, please let me know and I will immediately issue a refund. As you noted, WiFi is complimentary for Platinum members, but also complimentary for every guest in the lobby area and business center.

Please let me know if there if I can be of any assistance, as we would like to make this your hotel of choice in Center City.

Safe travels,
Evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I just stayed here for 5 nights and loved the hotel and ambience. Very good customer service and nice views. Convenient location as its very close to convention center. Definitely try food in Amuse. I liked their Pancakes, very different than normal american ones. Tried their chef recommended Sage nudi and liked it.

Will come back again!

Room Tip: Take a room facing Arch street
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

From the get-go the Le Meridien is definitely different. Located in downtown Philly, across from municipal buidlings and within blocks of City Hall, the SEPTA Surburban Station, the convention center, scores of office buildings, Reading Market and about a 10 minute walk to Rittenhouse Square, the hotel has much going for it. The rooms, though a bit small are quite comfortable but not all rooms have an city view--many look into an atrium that (to me ) is a turn-off. The neighborhood around the hotel is lively during the day but at night one be a bit on-guard. In fact, on the second night there we took the SEPTA back from the suburbs, got off at 30th street station and took a cab to the hotel thus choosing not to walk by groups of loiterers on neighboring streets. Some of the hotel staff described the place as edgy meaning it was a bit daring perhaps provocative. Clearly it seems to appeal most to a young hip crowd--this was evident in two ways: First, when you walk into the lobby you are greeted by a very modern bar/lounge called "Le Bar at Amuse." The restaurant also, the Amuse, was full on the night we ate there with no one over the age of 50 except for the waiter and my wife and me. The staff were very attentive and the fitness room was small but adequate. Although I would recommend this hotel my wife and I decided that in the future when we stay in Center City our first choice will be the Westin.

Room Tip: Get a room with a street view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We just spent one night here and found it great for our needs. The hotel is walking distance from the train station, the one that you can take direct to the airport. I arrived off of a red-eye flight and didn't expect to be able to check in, but was given a room before 8am. I have Platinum status and was hoping for an upgraded room, but didn't get one. In fact, we were in a small room with 2 double beds. I didn't want to complain though as I was glad to be able to get in the room so early.

The room was your typical Le Meridien room with stylish minimalist decor. We had a really nice view from our room and outside of the rooms, the hotel had more of historic feel which was cool.

The location seemed to be good for most of our needs - I loved that the Reading Terminal was so closeby and ate several meals there. I was also able to walk to the Liberty Bell and some of the other sites. When we went to dinner that night, we headed to a different part of town and had to take a cab, but it was also very cold at night.

Getting a cab was fairly easy, but not a breeze, although it seemed to be much faster when we needed a cab during the day versus at night. The entrance to the hotel is a bit cumbersome, especially since they don't always have a doorman waiting right there to take your bags. You have to walk up several sets of stairs before you're in the lobby area.

Overall, I think this is a good choice for Philly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your great comments and feedback.

I am delighted you enjoyed our central location and proximity to the many great in Philadelphia. Thank you for your Starwood loyalty and I am glad we were able to accommodate your early arrival. You may have been upgraded to a premium room in recognition of your Platinum status. The room as you described it offered a view, which is our superior room. We may not have been able to upgrade you to a suite due to the early arrival and I’m hopeful you will return so that we might have that opportunity.

Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of service. 215.422.8200 or evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com

Safe travels,
Rio Rancho, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This building has been many different things since its inception as a YMCA. The building was O shaped with an atrium in the middle. They put a roof over the opening, and closed it off below the 5th floor, but it's a nice touch when you walk off the elevator and see it. The music through the halls and the atrium section is nice without being obtrusive. The lobby area is very chic and modern. The bar and restaurant area are pretty cool. My only suggestion is to clean the "bubbles" in the restaurant area. The room is very european in design. Low bed, counter desk, modern looking seat, and the bathroom made me feel like I was in Germany again. The bed if comfortable, pillows great, and the chair although strange looking, is very comfortable. The TV is big, the wardrobe is big, and the addition of a room safe is great. I wish they would take the stuff out of the fridge so I could use it, but it's filled with overpriced stuff that I don't want. The location is great. Very convenient to everything. I do highly recommend this hotel. I did hear from a fellow patron that her HVAC wasn't up to snuff. Mine has been fine.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business