“A chic hotel in a GREAT location.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1421 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102   |
Ranked #26 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Lafayette, Louisiana
“A chic hotel in a GREAT location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

What else is there to say. This is an excellent hotel. The location couldn't be better. The rooms were clean, modern and very chic. I highly recommend this place. I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Philly.

• Stayed July 2012

721 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
northeast USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for one night because she had to fly out of Philly the next morning. The hotel was wonderful. The valet was so friendly and helpful, the hotel was elegant, the room was comfortable with a beautiful view of the city. Our only complaint was that we were not able to stay longer! Would have loved to use this as a starting point to exploring Philadelphia. We were charged a $38 fee for parking but we got a fantastic deal through hotwire so didn't mind spending the money. Called the desk to let them know when we needed our car and it was out front waiting for us in the morning. Loved this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Recently spent the night attending a wedding. The building is a former YMCA. Cool vibe. Roomy rooms. Interior "courtyard". Just love the look and feel of the place. Staff very helpful, friendly and professional. Will stay there again next overnight in Philly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice location, but poor service and room was odd. Specifically, our room had no outside-facing windows, the toilet bowl was at least 6" lower than usual, and the vanity basin was at least 6" higher than usual. Go figure....

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
WS,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed our location. Please let me apologize that you were not satisfied with the room itself. I would really appreciate if you would contact me directly so I can personally inspect the room you are referring too. To my knowledge all of our bathroom designs are set at industry standard heights, but certainly would like to be sure everything was built according to plans.

One of the unique qualities this 100 year old architectural treasure offers is many different room floor plans. Our interior rooms overlook the enclosed atrium area. Many of our exterior rooms have great views of City Hall or Love Park. If we are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to serve you again, I would encourage you to book the “superior” room option, as it offers the views you may have desired.

You can reach me via tele at 215.422.8200 or via email at evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com.

Wishing you safe travels through the New Year,
Evan
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Meridien for a wedding. It's hard to believe this is the same company that runs the SLS in Los Angeles, they just don't quite pull it off in Philadelphia. My wife found the room decor depressing and it seemed whenever we asked the front desk a question they had to check with a superior for the answer. The ballroom where the wedding was held and the event was very well done,but it took us 1/2 hour to get our car from valet parking upon leaving,overall I would say they need to do some work to get the service up to par on this location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chappaqua, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Worse hotel I ever stayed at and I travel a lot First room had no heat,front desk clueless about everything,waited 45 minutes for valet to bring my car. Another poor soul had been waiting 1 hour for her car. Room was dark,cheap looking and depressing
Never again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Diane,
I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Please allow me to apologize that we missed the opportunity to earn your respect for our commitment to hospitality.

Please contact me as I would like some details on your stay so that I may ensure this does not happen again to you or any of our future guests.

I can be reached at 215.422.8200 or via email at evan.gm@lemeridienphiladelphia.com.
Evan
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I just stayed at Le Meridien for 4 nights before Christmas. I was on the SPG level (10th Floor) and had an outside facing room, but I think my room was the step-child of rooms. I had no ipod dock, the tv was on a stand on the desk taking up half of the whole desk while making the power outlets very hard to reach. The only chair/seat in the entire room was the hard desk chair so when I ordered room service I had no place to sit my tray but the bed and sit on the desk chair. Overall though a wonderful hotel. It was very quiet and great service and staff. The only minor issue was the bathroom mirror was loosing its finish and looking worn.

Room Tip: also beware some of the rooms face the interior glass atrium.....