“Stylish comfort” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Stylish comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stylish spacious room. Inviting lobby and bar. Attentive well-trained staff. Pleasing breakfast. Lot's here to recommend. Overall an enjoyable stay. Only quibble was the 1990 vintage clock radio as your free music option. The $12 charge for 24 hours worth of music was disappointing choice on the part of the management. An iPod dock should be standard set-up for this class of property and price point.

One other thing of note, the neighborhood surrounding the hotel is a bit sketchy and deserted at night. If two men felt conspicuous and unsafe, only can imagine how a woman would feel. Take a taxi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a nice 4 star hotel in the heart of Philadelphia. The other reviews on here pretty much some up my experience. We walked over to the Barnes Museum and around to the other attractions. There were a lot of outlets and plugins to make the TV a monitor.

Nice boutique hotel and the tech savvy would really like it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New Canaan, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I used the valet at this hotel, and received my car back with damage in 2 areas, one obviously accidental and one obviously purposeful (mostly likely done using a key). I contacted the hotel management who replied with: we looked the garage videos and we couldn't tell anything. 8 days has elapsed and they have not offered an explanation or remedy!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
EvanGM, General Manager at Le Meridien Philadelphia, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Ann,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience via TripAdvisor and the direct dialogue you have had with our hotel manager and valet service provider.

A claim has been filed with the valet insurance, I ask for your patience in this process as all insurance companies are very busy with additional Hurricane Sandy claims.

Please feel free to contact me if I can offer any additional support. 215.422.8200.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving,
Evan
Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just returned from an amazing weekend celebrating a wedding! The hotel was easy to get to, welcoming, clean, pretty and comfortable. Room was modern and bed was great! Lots of space for families to gather in lounge, bar, lobby to visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Yes... it WAS an old YMCA, but not anymore!! It is a cool, trendy boutique hotel now. The rooms were small but were comfortable. The bathrooms were a good size. The hotel did have its shortcomings. We reserved a King room, only to find out when we checked in that the King rooms do not have bathtubs, which is a must for me. So we had to change to a room with 2 double beds, which was uncomfortable because the beds were too short and cramped for my husband and me.

For business travelers... you'll be happy to know that there is NO SHORTAGE of electrical outlets!! There were 4 built into the top of the TV cabinet plus I saw 3 other easily assessable ones in the room that were not being used by lamps... & I didn't have to move furniture to find these.

We had internet during our stay, but in the evenings it didn't work very well, probably because usage was higher in the evening. It was annoying. Perhaps the hotel should get a few more routers or do something to improve internet service.

The service in this hotel was fantastic. Especially, the doormen and valets. I can't remember being in a hotel where they were so helpful and friendly.

My biggest complaint is as SPG Gold Members, we were given ZERO recognition. We were not put on a high floor, as requested (we were on the 6th which is probably the lowest floor with guest rooms) and we were not put on the SPG Preferred Guest Floor. We were not given a room upgrade either, but of course, that is only when available and I was told that the hotel was sold out for at least one of the nights during our stay.

In spite of all my complaints, I actually loved this hotel. Every time I got off the elevator on our floor I felt I was on a New York City Street Movie Set. It was just amazing. When we come back... I'll be sure to request, in advance, a room with a bathtub (King room, if they actually have any) plus I'll be sure to ask for a room on the SPG floor. Perhaps, if I request early enough, they will honor my request.

Room Tip: We were told that the King Rooms do NOT have bathtubs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Loved the conveniently central Philadelphia location, tasteful decor and professional staff; We were here for a wedding and hosted the on-site after-wedding brunch in the Abele Library and received many compliments on the food and service; Staff also handled emergencies promptly and efficiently (street blockade due to neighboring building fire emergency upon arrival; and a 4AM fire alarm from a boiler malfunction). Would definitely recomment Le Meridien

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just spent 4 nights here and loved every minute of our stay. We stayed in a deluxe king with a great view of City Hall. The room was very comfortable - with two side chairs and a small table - was very clean, as was the whole hotel. Of special note was the staff - friendly, professional and no request was too much trouble. For example, on a few occasions, the doorman would run a block to the nearest cross street to hail a cab!
The only negatives would be the additional charge for wi-fi and bottled water, although to be fair we were only charged for one of three bottles.

Room Tip: Rooms facing city hall such as 643
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Philadelphia? Share your experiences!