“Wonderful Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Webster, New York
“Wonderful Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just returned from an amazing weekend celebrating a wedding! The hotel was easy to get to, welcoming, clean, pretty and comfortable. Room was modern and bed was great! Lots of space for families to gather in lounge, bar, lobby to visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Yes... it WAS an old YMCA, but not anymore!! It is a cool, trendy boutique hotel now. The rooms were small but were comfortable. The bathrooms were a good size. The hotel did have its shortcomings. We reserved a King room, only to find out when we checked in that the King rooms do not have bathtubs, which is a must for me. So we had to change to a room with 2 double beds, which was uncomfortable because the beds were too short and cramped for my husband and me.

For business travelers... you'll be happy to know that there is NO SHORTAGE of electrical outlets!! There were 4 built into the top of the TV cabinet plus I saw 3 other easily assessable ones in the room that were not being used by lamps... & I didn't have to move furniture to find these.

We had internet during our stay, but in the evenings it didn't work very well, probably because usage was higher in the evening. It was annoying. Perhaps the hotel should get a few more routers or do something to improve internet service.

The service in this hotel was fantastic. Especially, the doormen and valets. I can't remember being in a hotel where they were so helpful and friendly.

My biggest complaint is as SPG Gold Members, we were given ZERO recognition. We were not put on a high floor, as requested (we were on the 6th which is probably the lowest floor with guest rooms) and we were not put on the SPG Preferred Guest Floor. We were not given a room upgrade either, but of course, that is only when available and I was told that the hotel was sold out for at least one of the nights during our stay.

In spite of all my complaints, I actually loved this hotel. Every time I got off the elevator on our floor I felt I was on a New York City Street Movie Set. It was just amazing. When we come back... I'll be sure to request, in advance, a room with a bathtub (King room, if they actually have any) plus I'll be sure to ask for a room on the SPG floor. Perhaps, if I request early enough, they will honor my request.

Room Tip: We were told that the King Rooms do NOT have bathtubs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Loved the conveniently central Philadelphia location, tasteful decor and professional staff; We were here for a wedding and hosted the on-site after-wedding brunch in the Abele Library and received many compliments on the food and service; Staff also handled emergencies promptly and efficiently (street blockade due to neighboring building fire emergency upon arrival; and a 4AM fire alarm from a boiler malfunction). Would definitely recomment Le Meridien

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just spent 4 nights here and loved every minute of our stay. We stayed in a deluxe king with a great view of City Hall. The room was very comfortable - with two side chairs and a small table - was very clean, as was the whole hotel. Of special note was the staff - friendly, professional and no request was too much trouble. For example, on a few occasions, the doorman would run a block to the nearest cross street to hail a cab!
The only negatives would be the additional charge for wi-fi and bottled water, although to be fair we were only charged for one of three bottles.

Room Tip: Rooms facing city hall such as 643
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Harbin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

The location is perfect-- in city center and near Chinatown.
The room is big and clean-- can be seen in the picture I uploaded.
The price is fair-- around $150 per night (tax included)
Service is nice. People are friendly.
Fitness room on the 5th floor.

• Stayed November 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in October for business. The location was convenient and the staff did an awesome job to offer service and accommodated our teams special requests for the conference we were attending.
The restaurant Amuse Brasserie exceeded our expectations. Our group was surprised by the fresh menu selections and that the Chef offered to adjust the menu for a member of our team who has a gluten allergy.
The only negative were the bed pillows. There should be an option for firmer bed pillows or updated to offer better neck support.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Loved my hotel room, almost like a junior suite. The staff was helpful. The only negative was that I had to call everyday to get my room cleaned. I would return to my room after 2:30 pm both days and the room was still messy. This was inconvenient as I was in Philly for a wedding and returned to begin dressing for the wedding. I asked for a late check out the third day since my plane to Italy was not leaving until 6 PM and was denied. I was told if later than 1 PM I would need to pay additional money. I thought this was funny since I could never get my room cleaned before 3 PM.
I would stay here again. The location is excellent, the hotel lobby and rooms excellent, the staff was helpful. I used the gym daily, located on the fourth floor and it was very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Le Meridien Philadelphia? Share your experiences!