“Great as Always” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Leziz Turkish Cuisine

Leziz Turkish Cuisine
611 East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19147 (Formerly S & H Kebab House)
267-639-3214
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #338 of 3,786 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Seafood, Turkish, Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Leziz Turkish Cuisine (formerly S & H Kebab House) is a family owned restaurant specializing in authentic Turkish, Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine. Located just off of South Street, this cozy oasis brings a taste of the Ottoman Empire to the heart of Philadelphia. Featuring organic lamb, chicken and Top Choice Black Angus steaks, as well as traditional vegetarian dishes and fresh seafood, this Full Bar & Grille satisfies every palate.BYOB on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great as Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The owner of Leziz always greets us warmly and makes sure that the meal is just right. Chuck, our server, was likewise friendly and attentive, and our selections were predictably delicious. The lamb kebabs were superb.

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Good food, pleasant ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Four couples shared the combination appetizer plate and a large Greek salad to start. Each had a main course and we brought our own wine. Food was tasty, service was appropriate and pleasant. Wide variety of choices, representative of the Mediterranean and Turkey. Having taken many visits to Turkey and the Med countries, it was a decent representation, reasonably priced, and filling. They need to put a curtain over the cement block wall as it distracts from the otherwise "old Philly" interior brick walls.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Worst Turkish Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am from Turkey and was looking for good Turkish food in Philly. This place is one of the worst Turkish restaurants I have ever been in U.S. We ordered eggplant appetizer, iskender gyro and pide with ground beef. Eggplant appetizer had too much tomato sauce in it and very little amount of eggplant. The taste was very sour. That was not an original eggplant appetizer. The meat of Iskender gyro was okay but the yogurt on the side was very runny. It was impossible to eat the yogurt with iskender. Yogurt should be like greek yogurt. Ground beef in gyro was soggy and wet. I think they put too much tomato in it. I think the owner of this restaurant does not know how these foods are cooked in Turkey. We were almost 10 people there and requested the check to be splitted and the waiter told us that how come he could split the check for 10 people in a bad manner. He was rude. It is your business and your responsibility to figure out how to split the check, not me. It was a Friday night and there was a live music. The music was very loud. We went there to chat over the food but we were unable to hear each other. If we would like to listen to the music, we could go to a bar or etc. The music should not be that loud at least.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Turkish Cuisine you just got to check out in Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Leziz stood up to its reputation as "The" place to have a great Turkish Meal in the heart of South Philadelphia. I arrived as they just opened up for lunch on a Monday, and we were the only ones there (for now). No worries, because I wanted to have the full experience of tasting Turkish delicacies without the disturbance of a busy dining room, and smoke coming out of their Hookah Lounge which may interfere with me trying to smell the wonderful flavors coming from their dishes. We were greeted immediately with the only server available, and seated at the place we chose. I asked for him to recommend dishes for me to try since I never had Turkish Cuisine. He obliged and proceeded to fully inform me on the dishes he had chosen for us. Our meal arrived in a timely manner and the smell coming from them were wonderful. The fresh bread that accompanied the Babagannush was warm and tasty. The eggplant was a nice change to the hummus I have always been accustomed to. I cleaned off my plate of Adan Kebap and my companion did the same with her Tavuk Sis. Our meal was just delicious! I was on Turkish heaven, we opted to try their desserts of Kazandibi and Firin Sutlac. And we attacked them both with gusto. The best feeling of all was that all these meal we ate only cost us $32.00. Thank you Leziz for introducing me to your wonderful Turkish cuisine. I will definitely return back with my posse of friends.........

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette Hill
“Customer service is king!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at Leziz on Saturday night. Sal, the owner, has created a homey and service oriented restaurant experience. The dips were flavorful and well prepared, and, unlike many restaurants, they were specially prepared to accommodate my sulfite allergy. The Moussaka was very unusual, and very good, with more heat than I am used to seeing in this dish. The chicken mixed grill was the star of our show, with a lovely yogurt dipping sauce. The one complaint I had was that the music was oppressively loud at times, but I suspect that if I had mentioned that to the staff they may well have turned it down for us. Overall, this is a great option for Turkish food!

• Visited February 2014