“Yum. Yum. YAY!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Southern Delaware
“Yum. Yum. YAY!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my experience at El Camino on 6/29/2012. In my opinion, this restaurant is about 4 notches above being a dive (as far as looks and decor are concerned).

Arrived at 9:30pm on Friday night and the wait was an hour for a table indoors. We were able to find seating at the bar, so it all worked out. If you are a mojito fan, you must try the blood orange mojito ($9). I ordered the steak nachos from the appetizer menu and enjoyed every last bite I took. The steak was cooked medium-rare and was tender (to my surprise). No need to ask for extra cheese, it was loaded with monterey, queso, and cheddar. Also, the nachos come with a side of their amazing guacamole.

I would like to return so that I may sit outside, but with the extreme heat we've been having...that won't be happening for a few months.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The barbecue is great, the mexican food is great, and the beer list is great. I know it's hard to screw up nachos, but this place has the best nachos around. The burritos are smaller than I would like, but they are delicious. There are so many restaurants in the neighborhood it's hard to pick, but whenever someone asks for a recommendation this is always the first place that comes to mind.

• Visited June 2012
Princeton, NJ
“Adorable location, fabulous food and drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Was brought to the Northern Liberties area for a training/certification on Saturday, and had the opportunity to eat al fresco at this excellent corner locale Folks at another picnic table invited us under the awning when it started to drizzle and shared their pitcher of jalapeno maragitas - who knew sliced jalapenos floating in my glass would be so tasty?? We also ordered chips con queso and a burrito topped w/guac - faaaantastic. Going to bring my hubby and some friends here over the summer!

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Dude, I miss ya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I moved from Philly this winter and I used to live right across from it. usually Fridays were labeled Camino Real. The smoked meats were a delight, and you would know just by how the air would smell outside the joint at 10 in the morning, smokin it up.
I almost always got the Big *ss burger (thats the name of the burger!!); the poppers were the real deal. That chutney that they come with is a perfect complement to the crispiest hottest jalapeno.
And whatever the spice is that they put on the fries...its making my mouth water even though my last meal there was more than 6 months ago.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, PA
“Always a good meal/drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Great spot to get together with friends. Margaritas are typically song and their menu has something to appeal to anyone. I'd recommend the mac and cheese, pickle chips, veggie wings or the chicken fried seitan. For the vegan stick with the chips and salsa and some quac. No other options on the menu.

• Visited January 2012