We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2015. The hotel is in a nice location and also has parking for those who need it. However, we had 3 problems that marred our stay. Firstly, all the rooms on the rear side of the hotel face highway I-95 and this makes them very noisy. It was not easy getting a good night's sleep. One of the staff even joked when we checked in if we would like a pair of ear plugs. I did not understand why she would say this at the time, but after we entered our room, it made sense. We asked to be moved and they did move us to a somewhat better room the next day, still at the back, in the corner, but not perfect. We were told that all the rooms that are in the front were sold out. Second problem we had was that one elevator was not working all the three days that we were there. This made it quite aggravating having to wait for the elevator every time we wanted to go up or down since all the guests had to use that one elevator only. Third problem was the attitude of Teeza, one of the front desk staff. She was abrupt and extremely hyper in every encounter we had with her over the three days. The rest of the staff were extremely pleasant I must say, but Teeza's attitude left a lot to be desired. On our last day, there was a fire alarm at 6am in the morning and we had to evacuate our rooms. Even at this time, Teeza was not really nice. I later found out that the fire alarm was due to a elevator motor burning out. Breakfast was decent (standard HI Exp fare) and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn