“Good stay and delicious breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing

You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (Formerly Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area) (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #39 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
London, United Kingdom
“Good stay and delicious breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I really enjoyed my 3 night stay here. The shuttle bus service and friendly driver were great and they stored my luggage safely when I went to another city for one or two nights. I thought it was a great and very spacious room considering the low price I made. And the breakfast buffet was great. As someone who was travelling on foot I found it a little difficult to walk across the busy road to get to market street etc but I did use the shuttle bus as much as possible. Overall I would recommend this place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The first room we were given was on the 4th floor. As soon as we got off of the elevator we saw a large group of guys in the hall. We squeezed past them to get into our room. They were loud & it was obvious that room wasn't going to work. The clerk at the front desk was very understanding stating that it was a bachelor party. We were relieved to get a room on the 8th floor. Unfortunately when we unlocked the door someone was already in that room. We were given yet another room. This time on the 3rd floor. We were given a refund on the parking for the hassle. The 3rd room was decent with a view of the bridge. The breakfast was above average & the location was good.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Kelly R, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Rebecca S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you. This is not a normal experience at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that the staff compensated you for parking because of the inconvenience. We hope that in the future you choose to stay with us again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We checked in around 10 on a Sunday night and I had an early flight out the next morning, so this was going to be a fairly quick stay. When we arrived, there were no toiletries in our room (no soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc.), so we called down to the desk and they sent someone up right away with about three times the normal amount of each bottle.

The next morning, we were the first to the breakfast buffet since we had to get to the airport. The biscuits were surprisingly good!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Spring City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was not sure what to expect. My wife and I had a weekend get away. and wanted to be close to Penns landing and easy access to major attractions in Philadelphia . Rooms were clean housekeeping was good. We Also got great treatment From (Nick) he was professional and took the time to answers all of our questions and was very easy to talk to (down to earth) .

Room Tip: Ask For Nick If he is there . Ask for A high room for a better view
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly R, Front Desk Supervisor at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear flyers5513,

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are so happy that we were able to provide with you a great getaway weekend. We are thrilled that Nick gave you such good treatment. We cannot wait for your next getaway weekend with us!
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My fiancee and I recently stayed here, for the first time, around the holiday and were thoroughly impressed. We have stayed at many hotels in the Philadelphia region and I personally can say this ranks up there as one of the better ones. The hotel is very clean and service was top-notch. The front desk manager, Nick was very welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed. He even made a recommendation on one of his favorite restaurants, not far from the area, that we ended up trying and loved. I recommend staying here if you are in the Philly area. I know myself, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Scott M

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the recommendation. We are thrilled that you were impressed with your stay! Nick is great with the area and knows all of the good restaurants. We cannot wait to welcome you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I traveled to Philadelphia to visit family for thanksgiving and stayed 2 nights at the holiday inn on penns landing.
The location was perfect! Easy commute to my relatives residence and to all of the attractions I wanted to visit (because I only visit twice a year). Also, the shuttle van was awesome! Took me to and from the places I wanted to visit. This was very convenient and a great aspect to this hotel.
As for the room , I LOVED it! I had a view of the Ben Franklin bridge which was beautifully lit up at night. The room was clean , I loved the shower and the bed was so comfortable !
Breakfast in the morning was delicious also!
The only downside was the parking which was 25$, but because the staff was so nice and very accommodating, it made up for the cost of parking.
Lastly, the staff was super friendly and very helpful with everything!!!! The front desk manager, Nicholas, was by far the best part of my stay. He gave me good advice on restaurants and night life attractions. He was very accomodating and truly a sincere young man who loved his job and loved helping all of the guests! He always had a smile on his face and was so upbeat and personable. He was the best employee I have ever met at any of the hotels I've stayed at.

I highly recommend the holiday inn! It was the best experience I've ever had with any hotel! A BIG thank you to all of the staff and most importantly Nicholas ! You are such a nice gentlemen! THANK YOU!

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Nmb19,

Thank you so much for spending your holiday here and the Holiday Inn Express Penn’s Landing. We are thrilled that you loved our hotel and the staff we have here! Our shuttle service is great! Nicholas is such a great asset to our team and we are very proud to have him on board with us! We will be so happy that he made your stay! I cannot wait to share this with him. Thank you so much again and we cannot wait for your visit again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was very impressed with the service and cleanliness of this hotel I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family also the service was very professional I am very impressed keep up the fantastic work you're doing. Great hotel

• Stayed January 2015
Dear milkdoe,

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy that we were able to impress you. Thank you very much for the recommendation. We appreciate you mentioning the service provided by our staff! We hope to see you in the future!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing? Share your experiences!