We stayed at Holiday Inn Express on Friday and Saturday nights. We were visiting the city for the first time as a romantic weekend getaway and hoped to see as many sites as quickly as possible since we were really only going to have one full day there. The hotel is in an amazing location and the lady at check-in was very friendly and welcoming. (I think her name was Teeza.)Our room had a beautiful view of the water! After sleeping in the super comfortable beds we set out on Saturday to see the sites of the city. We were told upon check-in about the hotel shuttle that would be willing to pick us up or take us to where we needed to go, and we were given a card with the number for direct access to the driver. We took a walking tour on Saturday morning and returned to the hotel to figure out what we would do the rest of the day. The shuttle was leaving the hotel when we arrived, and so we hopped in. Our shuttle driver, Ken, was very knowledgeable about what all we should do during our stay and went out of his way to take us a bit further than the shuttle's normal service area so that we could see the Rocky steps. He even waited on us so that we could take pictures and run up the steps. Later that afternoon the second shift shuttle driver went out of his way to pick us up a couple of blocks from Mutter Museum. We tipped the drivers, but I can't imagine how much this hotel service saved us in taxi fares and how much time it saved us when we didn't have much time to spare! We loved our stay and can't wait to visit again. I think the view and the shuttle drivers sold us on this hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautifully revitalized Penn's Landing we are in walking distance to most historic sites. The Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing has 184 spacious guest rooms, many with amazing views of the Delaware River and the Philadelphia Skyline! Not only will you enjoy an oversized room, we also offer free breakfast, free wireless internet and free shuttle to and from historic sites, restaurants and shopping within a 2 mile radius during our shuttle's operation times. Parking is convenient, right on site at a minimul fee of $25 per day with in/out privileges and we offer extended parking times on your day of check out until 4:00pm so you can continue to explore Philadelphia! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn