“Nice place.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing

You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (Formerly Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area) (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed there last night. The staff was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice and extremely clean and comfy. It is a bit noisy being right on 95 though. The parking is VERY expensive. $25 a night. We did however use their shuttle service a few times that takes you and drops you off anywhere you want to go with a 2 mile radius, and since the hotel is close to all of the sights, this was very beneficial, so I guess what we saved in cab fees made up for the parking fee. The breakfast was pretty good. Southwestern omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, muffins, a pancake machine, fruit, you get the picture. The hotel is right across from the water and under the Ben Franklin bridge. It's quite a sight to see. Overall, it was a nice stay and we would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear kdd75,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again should you return for another visit to Philadelphia.

Have a great day!

Kim Killeri & Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

If you're driving, pick up a hotel coupon book at the Welcome Centre when you enter Pennsylvania. There's a coupon for $79 per night. For in the heart of old town, that's a great price. They offer a free shuttle downtown, or anywhere in old town, and will pick you up when you call. Free WIFI, free hot breakfast, right on the Delaware River, and close walking around the historical area. Clean, comfortable rooms, and well supplied with goodies. If I ever return to Philadelphia, I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bunny59,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for chosing our hotel. We hope to see you again should you return to Philadelphia.

Sterling, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel ran short of too many things during our stay: parking spaces, breakfast food, washcloths, shampoo, printer paper, and hot water. Staff members are professional, but something is not quite right.

Room Tip: Hotel staff said that all rooms are noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear St_Drogo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during your stay with us. Your comments about your experience has been documented and will certainly be looked into. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your patronage and support to the hotel is important to us and we hope that you would give us another try.

Thank you again.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel was perfect for what it was needed. It is within safe walking distance to what Penn's Landing has to offer as well as to Old City and Downtown Philadelphia. The staff was fantastic and it offers a courtesy shuttle to the city and free breakfast. Worthwhile stay. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear BrandonP92,

Thank you so much for your review. We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay. That makes our whole day! The staff is going to be really proud when I post this on our Media Board in the back of the house for all to read.

Thank you so much again. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review.

We hope to see you again!

Olyphant, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

On a recent visit to Philadelphia Hospital for a medical problem with my wife I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, at a time when I was very concerned about the condition of my wife I was greeted at the desk by Tori Warrick, she was more then just a friendly face she was very helpful with everything from directions to the Hospital to asking how my wife was each day, in addition to Tori the shuttle driver helped us in and out of the van and showed us friendlyness and sympathy for our problems, his name was Brian Allen. We have been back several times now to the Hospital and I would never stay anywhere except there also Cynthia McCready was more then helpful to any of our needs, I asked for there names for this reason, unfortunately we have to go back to the hospital several more times but fortunately we have a Hotel that makes us feel like family, as Mayor of the town I live in I have told so many of the wonderful treatment that I recieved and recommended this Hotel to so many who have to go there as well, my experiences with that wonderful staff brings me back more each time, hopfully some day I can go for pleasure instead of medical issues but one thing is for sure I will stay here because of the accomodating and friendly staff, you were all just so wonderful. my sincere appreciation. Mayor Jayme Morano

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Jme1954,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and review. We are all so excited that we did a good job for you during a tough time. We are absolutely honored to have the Mayor of Olyphant, PA chose our hotel to stay.

Although we want to see you return soon, we know that you are not here to explore Philadelphia. Our thoughts and prayers go out to your wife and to you and your family.

Thank you so much again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I got more work done here than anywhere else while staying and doing business all over PA. My work can be very isolating and I worked in the breakfast bar area. Always had enough interaction with awesome, friendly people to keep me going. Denver Johnson, thank you for being so accommodating. Nick Joyce and Kimberly Killeri in sales were great and helped make our stay really fun. Millie in housekeeping was awesome, just lovely! Thanks guys :) Now I am all caught up with work, happy and well rested!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Sandy8,

Thank you so much for your review! You truly made our day! We are so glad that we had the chance to meet you and Mr. Smith. We are here if you ever need us.

Thank you so much again! The staff is going to be really excited to read your review.

Keep safe out there!

Kim Killeri & Team
Millville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just stayed there this past Saturday and let me tell you that it was an amazing experience. From the moment I checked in till the moment of departing I have nothing but great things to say about this property. The room I received was in the corner of the 10th floor looking out to the Ben Franklin Bridge. What an amazing view and definitely a room I will not forget. Overall, I had an amazing time and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Corner room on the tenth floor facing the Ben Franklin Bridge
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Jsherin89,

Thank you so much for your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Penn's Landing. We are so exited that you had a great stay! That really makes our day. The staff is going to be thrilled when I post your review.

Thank you so much again. We hope to see you again in the future.

Kim Killeri

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing? Share your experiences!