“better than what I expected but still noisy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 North Christopher Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19106 (Formerly Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area) (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%!
Ranked #37 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
Manheim, Pennsylvania
“better than what I expected but still noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been reading the reviews since this property has become a holiday express from comfort. I must say that the only review that was true in our case was the noise factor but that only seemed to have bothered me . Everyone else slept thru the night and did not hear the traffic. I must say that no one here was unfriendly or rude. They even sent the shuttle to pick us up on the first day. It is close to the historic district that we walked the second day. At nite we could see the fireworks from the camden riversharks stadium and the bridge was lit. Made for great views. The room was clean and mattress good. The breakfast was your standard holiday affair.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear noraasgranny,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so glad that we were part of your experience here in Philadelphia.

It is great to have past hotel guests comment and like all the work that we've done for renovations. It makes it all worth it!

We hope to see you again. Enjoy your summer!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
SF
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although the location has improved its lobby and a new urban park lies across the street this ends the positive comments on this hotel property. The management and staff are useless. I stayed with a group and we had to move people around from rooms that were not cleaned up. One room had a tick in the sheets, luckily it was noticed before anyone got into bed. Another room had a used condom left beside the bed. My room had a wine cork left behind from previous guest and loose change in the corners. When was the last time they vaccumed? My luggage was rifled through in my room and all the cash in my locked carry on was stolen. Management did nothing. Took some notes and checked the lock for entry times. Manager on duty could not find an official incident report - probably all used up - and did not know who was even working. Filed a police report which all they did was take my name and give me a number. I happened to be there while they were cleaning rooms and every room on my floor was open with no maids in sight. Anyone can go into any room they want to and take anything. The manager said that they do not open the doors unless the guest has checked out. That is so untrue. I was in the halls with all those open doors and peoples luggage in their rooms laying about. Do not stay here if you want to keep any valuables or if you want a clean room to sleep in. I have traveled all my life and thought this could never happen in the US. Watch out - it does. Pay a few bucks more and stay at a better hotel. You will be better off.

Room Tip: Don't stay here you will regret it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear David1011,

Thank you for your recent stay. Your experience is not typical of our property. We appreciate the feedback so that we can improve. We continuously stive to be the best in Philadelphia. If we should fall short, we appriciate it when guests bring that to our attention.

I have forwarded your comments to the proper Manager.

Thank you again for your feedback.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

It is not often that I take the time to give praise to an hotel specifically for their personal.
Usually attitude clouds my impression somewhere during a stay.
Not at the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing.

From the moment we checked in meeting Cynthia at the front desk,
to check out five days later, it was nothing but positive,
accommodating, efficient, smiling employees.

I single out Cynthia because returning to Philadelphia, after may years away; I was
acutely aware how much the city had changed. Obviously I was not quite sure how
to navigate this "new" environment. I needed help and Cynthia, when available,
took the time with great suggestions, sound advice and in such a charming way.
Each day upon return, she would inquire as to how our day went.

I also would like to make special note of another contributor to our successful stay,
Denver at breakfast. He is a great way to start the day off positively with his good
humor and interest in making sure all was to our liking.

I don't have names but when I called for additional hangers, within minutes there
was a knock at our door and a very pleasant gentlemen delivered what we needed.
Housekeeping was also very considerate and completely nonintrusive.
These may seem like small insignificant encounters but they contribute to making
a stay memorable and more enjoyable.

Thank You to them all.
They are doing something right here and we will definitely be back.

Ed Johnson

Room Tip: The room with a view of the B F Bridge was awesome, try to get it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jejNY,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review and comments. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We strive on hiring the best in the hospitality business! And provide very strick training. Cynthia was very excited when you mentioned her name. Your comments really made her day! Thank you.

We hope to see you again soon. Have a great summer!

Staten Island, New york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here in the past prior to holiday inn express took it over and were well away of being in the middle of a expressway, street /bridge traffic and train traffic but the view of the bridge is worth it.... Of course once you utilize the a/c - heat in your room it drowns out the outside noise.... Lets not forget we are visiting a City and not the suburbs.... The rooms are brand new as well as the rest of the hotel..... The price is right. Parking is extra but once again this is a city not sure if you can find private parking less then $25. The free 20 block radius shuttle from the hotel is a plus. The free continental breakfest can not be beat.

• Stayed April 2013
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Nicetohaveabuck,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in Philadelphia.

I will be sure to share your comments with our Team.

Have a great summer! We hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

People at the front desk are nice and helpful. There are two computers, each with its own printer, down in the lobby. Nice breakfast area, it works just fine as lounge area during the rest of the day. Rooms are large and clean. Flat screen TVs, electronic safe for money or important documents (they also have some available at the front desk, if you ask), large bathroom, good housekeeping service. Even though the hotel is basically on the street, and cars drive preatty fast, you don't hear them from your room, so you can sleep sound in your comfy bed. Only fault is, the housekeeping maids start their job early, so if you want to wake up later than 8.30-9, you better hang the "do not disturb" sign on your door handle!
I really enjoyed my time here :)

• Stayed April 2013
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guidocorona,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy that you had a nice time here at our hotel and in Philadelphia.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team here at our hotel.

Thank you so much again! We hope to see you again soon.

Kirkintilloch, Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night in April 13. The Hotel was very nice & clean the & Staff were very friendly The only negative being that the breakfast was disappointing (practically non-existent)

A note for those who like to walk - The Hotel was quite hard to find by walking however if driving it is very central.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Catherine P,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We have worked on some kinks with our breakfast to make refilling of the items faster. We hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in Philadelphia.

Thank you again.

McLean, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We found the hotel very clean, and rooms were a great size. The queen size beds were a plus. The place is a bit noisy being so close to the freeway. The doors were quite heavy to the rooms, and we had inconsiderate neighbours who were letting the door shut loudly even at 2am. A note on the doors asking people to close doors quietly may help. We also had people talking very loudly in the hallways early morning, but that could happen at any hotel. Unfortunately the hotel was full, which made parking difficult, although they did accomodate us and many cars were doubled parked in the evening. The big let down was breakfast. They had an awesome spread, but not enough. There was an average of 10/15 people in the line and on both mornings we were hassled or abused by other patrons because we took the last sausage. One man tried to take the tongs from my daughters hand to beat her to the last sausage! People were very frustrated. I can excuse it the first day, but running out of food the next day is not acceptable. If you know you have a full hotel, then make sure you have planned for it. Staff were bringing out 6 eggs and sausages at a time and there was 15 people waiting! I have still rated it very good, as the price compared to downtown was very reasonable, and the rooms were lovely. We were travelling with a family so we keep to a fairly tight budget. I would probably return, as I did think the rooms were very nice. In the end, I am there for a nice clean room with comfortable beds, and we got that, and the price very affordable in Philadelphia. You get what you pay for. We went for a budget and that's what we got.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ComfortPA405, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Catherine,

I am so glad to hear that you had a nice time at our hotel and enjoyed your time in Philadelphia. Thank you so much for your post! Have a great summer and we hope to see you again soon.

Director of Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing? Share your experiences!