Although the location has improved its lobby and a new urban park lies across the street this ends the positive comments on this hotel property. The management and staff are useless. I stayed with a group and we had to move people around from rooms that were not cleaned up. One room had a tick in the sheets, luckily it was noticed before anyone got into bed. Another room had a used condom left beside the bed. My room had a wine cork left behind from previous guest and loose change in the corners. When was the last time they vaccumed? My luggage was rifled through in my room and all the cash in my locked carry on was stolen. Management did nothing. Took some notes and checked the lock for entry times. Manager on duty could not find an official incident report - probably all used up - and did not know who was even working. Filed a police report which all they did was take my name and give me a number. I happened to be there while they were cleaning rooms and every room on my floor was open with no maids in sight. Anyone can go into any room they want to and take anything. The manager said that they do not open the doors unless the guest has checked out. That is so untrue. I was in the halls with all those open doors and peoples luggage in their rooms laying about. Do not stay here if you want to keep any valuables or if you want a clean room to sleep in. I have traveled all my life and thought this could never happen in the US. Watch out - it does. Pay a few bucks more and stay at a better hotel. You will be better off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy free breakfast and Wi-Fi while being directly across from Penn's Landing Waterfront area. The hotel is ideally located for guests looking to be close to the Historic Area, Center City, Pennsylvania Convention Center, and all local sports and concert facilities. Self-parking is available on-site at $25 per night, including in and out privileges. Guests must provide a credit card at check in. Come visit the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing to experience the softer side of Philadelphia. Located waterfront in Penn's Landing, our location is a perfect central point for visitors coming to see the historical landmarks including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and many other popular attractions. Our hotel is located within walking distance to a variety of shopping and restaurants, City Hall, the PA Convention Center, the Visitor's Center and South Street. Whether you are here for shopping, exploring, business or a doctor's appointment, the Holiday Inn Express is designed for travelers who require the latest in comfort. Stay connected with our free high-speed internet service. Our free Express Start Breakfast is served daily in our modern breakfast area offering a stunning fireplace in our adjacent lobby seating area. The Holiday Inn Express is convenient to many public transportation resources that can get you to anywhere you want to go. The subway located at 2nd and Market is a short walk away and can get you to and from the Amtrak 30th Street Station or into South Philly to Citizens Bank Park, The Lincoln Financial Park and The Wells Fargo Center. If you are coming to Philadelphia for a concert or event over at the Susquehanna Bank Center or the New Jersey waterfront attractions, simply take a ride on the RiverLink Ferry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn