We arrived into the brand spanking new re-furbished Holiday Inn Express at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia and were surprised to see how nice the hotel was, hoiw the rooms had been upgraded and the fact that they had a Grand Opening Party going on for all guests, members of the press who deal with the hospitality industry, etc.
The staff is terrific, the entire hotel looks great, the breakfast was good and plentiful and any requests you made were carried out quickly and efficiently.
The only issue called to mind the roller coaster in the Woody Allen movie, Annie Hall. The hotel is located directly next to I-95, under the Ben Franklin Bridge and it abuts to North Columbus Parkway which is a very heavily travelled local road.
We needed to turn up the HVAC unit to create white noise to drown out the effects of the noise from the major roadway, the trains crossing the bridge and the trolley line which rings its bell every time it approached the station near the hotel.
If you had a room in the front of the hotel it would have been the quietest. Our room was directly facing the bridge and we were sandwiched between I-95 and the large local roadway.
The hotel staff offered a white noise machine, but the HVAC unit did the trick.
Hotel needs to put in better sound proofing windows in certain rooms to make it better.
Staff, food, cleanliness all good to great.
Local shuttle will take you up to 20 blocks from the hotel and drop you off. Great accomodation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautifully revitalized Penn's Landing we are in walking distance to most historic sites. The Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penn's Landing has 184 spacious guest rooms, many with amazing views of the Delaware River and the Philadelphia Skyline! Not only will you enjoy an oversized room, we also offer free breakfast, free wireless internet and free shuttle to and from historic sites, restaurants and shopping within a 2 mile radius during our shuttle's operation times. Parking is convenient, right on site at a minimul fee of $25 per day with in/out privileges and we offer extended parking times on your day of check out until 4:00pm so you can continue to explore Philadelphia! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia E - Penns Landing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown/Historic Area Hotel Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Philadelphia
- Comfort Inn Hotel Downtown Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Comfort Inn