“Great hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Impressionists Package
Ranked #23 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent a weekend with my family at the Sonesta and we thought it was great. The room was very comfortable and reasonably sized. The location is terrific - you can get anywhere in Philadelphia on foot, public transportation or car easily from here. Lots of food and coffee options right near by. Valet parking was easy and quick. The hotel staff were very nice and accomodating. My kids used the pool and said it was great. I would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a week during my trip to Philly and it didn't disappoint! The hotel was modern and very clean, and most of the staff were extremely warm and friendly. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable (we had 2 queens for 2 people), and I especially appreciated the unlimited coffee they provided to our room, as well as the large shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers in the shower. The "city view" they advertised was a view right into some offices in the building next door, but that wasn't a big deal. It was very quiet every night in the hotel, as it seemed that most of the clientele were business travelers, and there wasn't any outside noise either. The Art Bar and Cafe in the lobby was nice to grab coffee and breakfast in the morning. The rate was a steal because we went right after Memorial Day weekend. It was centrally located in City Center. Most of the tourist attractions were within walking distance (within 1.5 miles) and there was a delightful and eclectic array of restaurants in the close vicinity of the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel if you ever visit Philly!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Marriottsville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel was nice and recently updated. That made it better but you could tell that the updating was done by people that didn't care about a quality job, it's like you could tell from the paint job that the update was done by the lowest bidder.

Other than the $30 a night parking cost the hotel was in a good location but further from the Independence Hall area than we thought. However, it was very close to the main downtown areas so that made up for it.

I would recommend it but the first comment is really for the management or whomever hires the contractors. New paint is good but I really couldn't believe how sloppy it was.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your recent stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia. We are pleased you enjoyed your guestroom and everything Philadelphia has to offer within a few minutes walking distance from the hotel. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon. – Jordan C.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great hotel with great staff! Our Club level room was amazing and bed was huge! Very clean and modern. Access to Club Lounge was superb and the lovely Charles Manning provided outstanding customer service. The hotel also kindly extended our check out at 3pm which again was great. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and would not hesitate Ito book if I ever get back!! Definate 5 stars!!!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Thank you for your recent stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia. We are pleased Charles made such an impression and made your breakfast more enjoyable. I will make sure he is recognized for his outstanding service. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon. - Jordan C.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

You can't beat the location and the price! And loved the modern decor. Staff was super friendly at checkin. The bathroom was so well appointed - small but efficient. So many nice design choices throughout the room and super comfy bed.

We didn't visit the restaurant - so many options around Rittenhouse and SEVERAL vegan restaurants. Hip City Veg takeout eaten outside at Rittenhouse Square for the win. The Anthropologie nearby is gorgeous.

Wifi on my phone was fine, but laptop was a little wonky.

**If it offered reasonable parking rates, it would get 5 stars.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Our stay here has and is amazing. Not only is the hotel amazing, clean, very sexy and luxurious.. the staff are just the cherry on top. Everyone from the deskmen and women to the room service ladies. My two most favorite ladies that we boned with and actually had a great time talking to were Sonestas very own Kimberly and Jenine…(sorry if i spelled that wrong).. anyhow they were darling and very friendly .. Jenine gave us some wonderful tips on where to go and what to do.. Kim was very sweet and made us feel right at home… had us laughing so hard.. she's very loving and funny. I would highly recommend staying here because theres so much to do..its super clean.. and my favorite part.. the staff and our new hotel friends.. thank you guys.. u deserve a raise .. hehe ; ) Love u guys : ) …. oh and they have a lovely pool, and a fun restaurant bar downstairs.. in great location. Two thumbs up : )

Room Tip: All great.. we stayed at numerous rooms.. all wonderful
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest, It was wonderful to read the compliments you shared about our property and service from our team members. I will certainly share your wonderful compliments with them. We are looking forward to your next visit with us. Again, thank you for sharing how "fabulous" we are. With Regards, Jordon Cooper
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed here during memorial weekend 2015. Considering the holiday weekend, we got a decent rate for what we thought was supposed to be a deluxe king city view room on the executive floor. Overall, the stay was fine but there weren't enough pleasantries to make me want to book again at this location. Here are some pros and cons that we found...

Pros:
-It was no more than 5-15 minute walk/ cheap cab ride from major attractions and night life (e.g. we were able to walk to the liberty bell, the Basilica of Saints Peter & Paul, The Love Park, etc.)
-The bed was very plush and comfortable.
-The breakfast at the Art Cafe was delicious and inexpensive (we had meal tickets). and our waitress there, Sharday, was very nice and attending.
-Room service came late (around 12pm) so we didn't feel rushed to wake up early. I appreciated that a sewing kit was part of the toiletries.
-They allowed us to hold our bags until check in

Cons:
-Check in is at 4pm
-We found this hotel to be very DIY (do it yourself). For example, we arrived early around 8:45am. There was no one to greet us at the door or to open our car door to help with the luggage.
-Customer service was not prestige. For example, The agent told us that he would call me when our room was ready. I never got a call. He asked for me to submit my credit info so that I did not have to do it at 4pm. I gave him all of my information thinking that I was set. When we returned after sightseeing at 4:10pm I had to register again (total of 3 times).
-I felt a need to question the integrity of the initial agent that took my credit card info.
-another example of DIY: A bellman placed our bags in front of us and said, "here you go."
-The bathroom was, like many reviewers have said, small. We could hardly close the door without it getting stuck on the mat that was bigger than the door front of the bathroom.
-Our maid, Dawn, was nice but didn't pay attention to fine details. I folded the extra room blanket and left it on the bed showing a stain that someone else had made. When we returned back to the room after her turnover, the same blanket was still there.
-The bathroom toiletries did not smell good and the toilet was wobbly.
-The bed was NOT king size (even though they claimed it really was).
-The view, oh the city view, was that of a tall building blocking any view of the city.

Room Tip: Sign up for Sonesta Travel Pass, it gets you coupons for meals at the Art Cafe in the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Philadelphia, and for taking the time to write about your experience. Please know that I have alerted my Director of Housekeeping of your comments regarding the stained blanket and my Director of Front Office regarding your check-in experience so that we may continue to provide routine and preventive enhancements to our hotel. - Jordan C.

Been to Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!