“The best hotel thru our 3 weeks stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The best hotel thru our 3 weeks stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Sonesta was amazing. The room was huge as we got used to the 3 tiny ones in NY prior to going Philly. Its location is central, close to food, shopping and historical sites. Room was very very clean and very modern. Spacious for our little ones to move around. And it had a refrigerator!! very rare in NY hotels. Service was excellent.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reinholds, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Philadelphia Sonesta. The Deluxe King room was very modern, updated and extremely clean. The front desk staff were friendly and very helpful. The cleaning staff was very professional in the hallways and never rode the elevator with us. We would not have minded if they did so and we tried to get them do so many times but they just waved us on our way. The valet parking attendants were quick and in control.

Breakfast in the Art Cafe was delicious and our drinks were great. The staff was friendly and our service was great! We will definitely being staying at the Sonesta again! It is close to everything in walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators in any hotel.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Frankfort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

the Sonesta hotel is very nice with everything you would want for a business trip. Don't get a corner room if you are travelling with anybody. They are nice but small. Try to get a higher floor so you don't hear the dumpsters in the early morning

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for your recent stay at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel's view and everything Philadelphia has to offer within a few minutes walking distance from the hotel. Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon. – Jordan C.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Mediocre hotel overall, but I'll never return after what I experienced. Room was fairly clean (though I did find an empty soda bottle under the sofa) and comfortable. Had dinner and drink at the Art Bar, my beer was flat, food was so-so and gave me indigestion, and my server was not on his game. My major issue is that on the second to last day I was there I discovered that money was missing out of my suitcase, I suspect taken by housekeeping. I had a $10 roll of quarters in the inside mesh pocket of my suitcase so I could do laundry on the next leg of my trip. I returned to my room to find the room cleaned, my suitcase ajar, and the roll of quarters (which was absolutely in there when I left) missing. I looked everywhere and couldn't find the roll, the only conclusion I can come to is the housekeeper took it. While a nice hotel overall I will never return because of this. It wasn't a large amount of money but it's the principle.

Daniel,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Philadelphia, and for taking the time to write about your experience. Please know that this is not our standard and I will look into this further with my Director of Housekeeping and Director of Security to make sure this does not happen again. We will follow up with you shortly. Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention - Jordan Cooper, General Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a well balanced blend of affordability, comfort, and professionalism this hotel offered. As a student I use Priceline and Hotwire a lot, due to being on a strict budget. However, this location, the employees and general comfort of the hotel was over the top. I thank you and will be back

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

BeverlyB1, Front Office Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. It was a pleasure to have you and we are delighted that we could make your stay here comfortable. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel over the years for business. The hotel has recently been upgraded and remodeled. Love those new bathroom mirrors. Instead of dreading another business trip, I now look forward to my stay at the Sonesta Philadelpia. As always, thanks to the great staff, including - Keianna, Joy, Jahlil and Mervyn, it's always nice to see a smiling face.

Room Tip: Trader Joe's is only about 3 blocks from the hotel and there's a Starbucks across the street...
Dear Paige V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. We are delighted to have you back with us in our newly renovated property. We appreciate all of your kind words regarding our staff and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Winchester, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Desk personnel were very pleasant and helpful. Room was ready early and that was very nice after a drive. Did note a sticky yellow residue on toilet seat after we were told that it had been inspected by housekeeping. All else clean. Parking was included which is fabulous.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth Q,

Thank you for your feedback with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. We are pleased that we were able to accommodate all of your needs in a timely manner. Thank you for your feedback regarding housekeeping to the room. We will take this into consideration to ensure that this problem will not reoccur. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Front Office Manager

Been to Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!