“Philly Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Frankfort
“Philly Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

the Sonesta hotel is very nice with everything you would want for a business trip. Don't get a corner room if you are travelling with anybody. They are nice but small. Try to get a higher floor so you don't hear the dumpsters in the early morning

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Mediocre hotel overall, but I'll never return after what I experienced. Room was fairly clean (though I did find an empty soda bottle under the sofa) and comfortable. Had dinner and drink at the Art Bar, my beer was flat, food was so-so and gave me indigestion, and my server was not on his game. My major issue is that on the second to last day I was there I discovered that money was missing out of my suitcase, I suspect taken by housekeeping. I had a $10 roll of quarters in the inside mesh pocket of my suitcase so I could do laundry on the next leg of my trip. I returned to my room to find the room cleaned, my suitcase ajar, and the roll of quarters (which was absolutely in there when I left) missing. I looked everywhere and couldn't find the roll, the only conclusion I can come to is the housekeeper took it. While a nice hotel overall I will never return because of this. It wasn't a large amount of money but it's the principle.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

What a well balanced blend of affordability, comfort, and professionalism this hotel offered. As a student I use Priceline and Hotwire a lot, due to being on a strict budget. However, this location, the employees and general comfort of the hotel was over the top. I thank you and will be back

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

BeverlyB1, Front Office Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. It was a pleasure to have you and we are delighted that we could make your stay here comfortable. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel over the years for business. The hotel has recently been upgraded and remodeled. Love those new bathroom mirrors. Instead of dreading another business trip, I now look forward to my stay at the Sonesta Philadelpia. As always, thanks to the great staff, including - Keianna, Joy, Jahlil and Mervyn, it's always nice to see a smiling face.

Room Tip: Trader Joe's is only about 3 blocks from the hotel and there's a Starbucks across the street...
Dear Paige V,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. We are delighted to have you back with us in our newly renovated property. We appreciate all of your kind words regarding our staff and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Winchester, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Desk personnel were very pleasant and helpful. Room was ready early and that was very nice after a drive. Did note a sticky yellow residue on toilet seat after we were told that it had been inspected by housekeeping. All else clean. Parking was included which is fabulous.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth Q,

Thank you for your feedback with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. We are pleased that we were able to accommodate all of your needs in a timely manner. Thank you for your feedback regarding housekeeping to the room. We will take this into consideration to ensure that this problem will not reoccur. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the hotel is very quite and very clean ..the hotel very centrally located and most of the places to visit are in walking distance, there are a lot of restaurants and clubs around the corner. The staff is very helpfull and very welcoming ... A staff with the vishan had helped me a lot and guided me along the city as well.
I would strongly recommend the hotel for all the visitors travelling to philadelphia.

Dear Pallavijn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. We appreciate all of your kind words and your recommendation on our hotel. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Front office Manager
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Sonesta is a lovely hotel. Immaculate and quiet, it is really an oasis from the busy streets of Philadelphia. Rooms are clean and very environmentally responbsible. Showers have pumps on the wall to dispense shampoo and shower gel and lotions. It is a deliberate effort to eliminate waste. All their shampoos and soaps are from Italy and high quality and emollient and sweet smelling. Adds to the room ambiance. Overall a wonderful hotel that will not disappoint.

Dear Karen P,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay with us at the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia. We appreciate all of your kind words regarding our newly renovated property. We look forward to your next visit to the Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia.

Front Office Manager

Been to Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!