This hotel has been recently refurbished and is well worth staying at. We only had 1 night in Philadelphia so our choice of hotel was important. The Sonesta is centrally located, only a 10 minute walk from 30th St station, a few blocks from the Rittenhouse Square restaurants and City Hall. We easily walked to the main attractions, Independence Hall etc.
We had a large Queen room on the 18th floor and were very happy. The bed is full size and was extremely comfortable with luxurious bedding and the best sleep we have had while away.
The bathroom had a great shower (over the bath) and gorgeous Italian toiletries.
It was way too cold to go out for dinner so we decided to stay in the hotel that night. We didn't want to eat in our room, although there is a full room service menu so we went down to the bar. We had a few drinks and snacks which were great, but there is no restaurant at the hotel, which is why I have rated it 4 instead of 5 stars. There are many restaurants nearby, which we tried out for lunches, but it would be good to have a restaurant on site.
The hotel staff are all very polite and helpful and I recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Best of Philly during your stay at our convenient and newly refreshed hotel. The only hotel located on Market Street west of City Hall we are surrounded by Philadelphia's most prominent businesses, hospitals, universities and government offices. The hotel is located just blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Amtrak's 30th Street Station and Philadelphia's historic sites and attractions. The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Liberty Bell, National Constitution Center, Independence Hall & Philadelphia Zoo are just a few of the Philadelphia attractions to experience during your getaway. Walk to Center City businesses, fine dining, upscale shopping, museums, Rittenhouse Square, Avenue of the Arts-Theatre District & Antique Row. Experience professional sports with the Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies or visit top rated golf courses in the tri-state area. Plan your visit to the Franklin Institute's exciting Real Pirates Exhibit with our VIP Packages. Relax at our seasonal outdoor rooftop pool with views of the city. The Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia features great hotel deals and packages for family travel and weekend escapes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Crowne Plaza