“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Melbourne, Australia
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel has been recently refurbished and is well worth staying at. We only had 1 night in Philadelphia so our choice of hotel was important. The Sonesta is centrally located, only a 10 minute walk from 30th St station, a few blocks from the Rittenhouse Square restaurants and City Hall. We easily walked to the main attractions, Independence Hall etc.
We had a large Queen room on the 18th floor and were very happy. The bed is full size and was extremely comfortable with luxurious bedding and the best sleep we have had while away.
The bathroom had a great shower (over the bath) and gorgeous Italian toiletries.
It was way too cold to go out for dinner so we decided to stay in the hotel that night. We didn't want to eat in our room, although there is a full room service menu so we went down to the bar. We had a few drinks and snacks which were great, but there is no restaurant at the hotel, which is why I have rated it 4 instead of 5 stars. There are many restaurants nearby, which we tried out for lunches, but it would be good to have a restaurant on site.
The hotel staff are all very polite and helpful and I recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
BeverlyB1, Front Office Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay with us. We appreciate all of your kind words and looking forward to our next oppurtunity to serve you.

Beverly Brunson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Last year I stayed over 46 nights at the Sonesta PHL. This year it will be 3 times that number. The hotel is great since the renovation. The Art Bar is perfect and I have to say that Tricia who works at the bar is the best I have seen. She is very pleasant and cordial. Great job Tricia and thanks,

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
BeverlyB1, Front Office Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, 4 days ago

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Front desk staff is very friendly and efficient , bartender Tricia provides excellent service. She has made me feel like part of a family. She knows my drinks and has one ready as soon as I sit down at the bar. Overall staff friendly. This hotel is in the heart of Philadelphia, within walking distance to good restaurants, and historical landmarks. Rooms are clean and very quite.

Room Tip: Higher floors are very quiet and usually have grand views.

Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here during a conference at the nearby Pennsylvania Convention Center. I booked this hotel as part of a package deal with my US Airways flight. The location was very convenient - a short block from Suburban Station, where you can pick up the SEPTA train to and from the airport (roundtrip cost: $13.00; time spent in transit: about 20 minutes). There are tons of restaurants (upscale, downscale, and everything in between), tourist attractions, ,bars, and shopping steps away from the hotel. The Sonesta also had a great, modern-looking cocktail lounge area in the lobby which I did not actually patronize but would have if I had the time during my stay. My room on the 24th floor was exceptionally clean, quiet, and included some nice amenities (free wi-fi, shampoo/conditioner/shower gel dispensers and other convenient toiletries in the bathroom, bathrobe, refrigerator, safe, Keurig machine). The bed was also very comfortable, light blocking curtains were very effective, and the guest-controlled thermostat/fan was quiet, responsive, and ran at a consistent rate- no kicking on and off all night long (very important to a super-light sleeper like me). The hotel not only had a fitness room and (seasonal) pool, but room key could be used at a nearby Philadelphia Sports Club location (across the street), which I thought was a nice perk. In all a great stay!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great view of the city from the 22nd floor, beautiful rooms...very clean. The staff at the hotel was extremely helpful with information about getting around the city. I'm not a fan of big city stays, but this hotel really caters to their guests.

Room Tip: Staying in a downtown Philadelphia Hotel, there was quite a bit of fire truck calls at all hours of...

Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

At the last moment, I was summoned to Philly for a birthday bash. I searched the internet for options and decided on Sonesta because of the reasonable price and location. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by such a wonderful receptionist and my check-in lasted no more then 5 min. I then quickly took the trip up to my room and was pleased by the cleanliness of my room and the space for me to just lay out! Unfortunately, I was only staying one night so I wouldn't be able dine at the hotel. However, I could see their many options and friendly staff.

I will certainly return to this paradise in the middle of the city.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Sparta, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a few issues with the hotel part of it was resolved part not. Called from PHL airport couldn't get out because of all of the snow on March 7, 2015. Got to hotel they couldn't find my reservation number. Took a little while which we were very tired after coming in from Dominican Republic. They finally got us a room at a discounted price which was nice and should have after having to wait about 30 minutes. The room was very nice clean and decorated beautifully. It was very quiet there but it was late in the evening. We were also given a voucher for $20.00 for breakfast the next morning because of all the confusion. However when I got my credit card I was charged $22.05 from OTG Management. I told the accounting department from Sonesta Hotel but they said the rest. were not part of the hotel. How OTG Management got my credit CArd information is beyond me unless they get it from the hotel. Even our waitress said it was a voucher from the hotel. Anyway I am disputing the $22.05 on my CC and Sonesta Hotel did not go out of their way to help. The funny thing is that the small little rest. connected to the hotel I guess is a completely different part of the hotel although it looks as if it is a place to eat affiliated with the hotel....???? :(

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Beverly Brunson

Been to Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!