“Lovely place in brilliant central location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Lovely place in brilliant central location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A very nice, clean hotel in a brilliant, central location in Rittenhouse Square. Close to great restaurants, Convention Center, 30th St Station, and a lot of great sites and experiences.
Helpful staff, very nice facilities, and free access to full gym across the street.
Winter rate is very fair, curious how their summer rates compare.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed for a single night and really enjoyed my stay. I had the executive king room, and the room and bathroom are lovely. The staff are beyond helpful and a real pleasure, especially the chap on concierge/baggage.

The hotel is really cool, and situated right by City Hall which is so beautiful. Close to Rittenhouse Square which is great for food. The location is great! This is the original reason I chose to stay here.

I got sick on the day I was due to checkout, and they allowed me to stay until 5pm with no charge. I am so grateful for this, they brought water to my room and offered me food etc.

My only grumble is the wifi didn't work for me, but I didn't mind and I didn't try to get it sorted. I'm sure they would have if I asked.

The parking garage is directly next door which is ideal when travelling with luggage. Would prefer to have self parked, as I think $42 is quite expensive for a day. But it's the same everywhere in Philly.

Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it :)

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stay at this hotel about 10 times a year. Excellent service/attention at front desk, concierge and club room.
Genuinely friendly and hospitable service from Davida in the club room over the past few evenings.

The newly remodeled lobby and rooms are fantastic.
Clean.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My fiance and I stayed at the Sonesta last weekend and had a great visit. It was very close to where we were going to dinner that night (Chima) and we were able to walk the couple of blocks to the restaurant. Every staff member we met was extremely welcoming and helpful. The hotel is extremely clean and has a nice modern feel. When we got back from dinner, we had a drink in the Art Bar to end a nice night. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bowling Green, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was only staying for oene night, but had a pretty solid experience. My only issue was with room service - I tried calling multiple times (around 730pm) and nobody answered - but I ended up going to the cafe downstairs where the server was super nice and I was able to bring my stuff upstairs. The staff was lovely - Bobby downstairs was particularly helpful supplying me with information about the best/fastest ways to get to the airport - he even tried to help me make change earlier in the morning from his own wallet when he saw me waiting in line. Keianna was also super nice and friendly - even when off the desk. These interactions made me feel pretty good prior to my interview!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Bloomfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was our 4th stay at Sonesta and we were given an upgrade from the deluxe king room to a club king room on a high floor. This is actually the second time we were given an upgrade, so much thanks to the great staff here! The hotel itself has been updated in almost every area since our first stay here in 2011. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and very clean.

The hotel is conveniently located with the Walnut St. stores and a long list of great restaurants within walking distance, including a Shake Shack. Reading terminal is a very short drive from the hotel and I would say that Love Park and City Hall are within walking distance.

Overnight parking is available in the adjacent parking garage for $42, however I suggest booking the Philly Overnight Package which includes your room rate plus overnight parking for a discounted price. My only issue was with the valet parking. When we arrived at check-in time, we waited for about 20 minutes for someone to take my keys and give me a ticket and there was another couple in front of us who were waiting for even longer. We had must faster service upon checking out.

Overall, I strongly recommend this hotel for those wanting to stay overnight in Philadelphia. The location is great and the staff here are always very polite and willing to help.

Room Tip: Book the Philly overnight package to save money on parking.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Recently stayed at the Sonesta for the long President's Day weekend to visit Philly like a tourist, though my boyfriend has family who lives in the Northeast area. The hotel was recently renovated and looks like-new from the outside and the hotel lobby reception space into the bar area. The room itself was very modern and spacious enough for the two of us. We stayed in a deluxe two-queen bedroom two rooms away from the elevator, and next time I will probably ask for a room farther from the elevator since you can hear the "Ding" noise, but other than that, not much to complain about.

The hotel is three blocks away from City Hall and a block or two behind Chestnut and Walnut streets, which is a prime commercial area. Would highly recommend for those who are looking for a nearby accommodation for walking distance local attractions, shopping and eateries!

Room Tip: Try to get a room farther from the elevator if possible
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!