“Excellent hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Parking Package
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Miami, Florida
“Excellent hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stay at this hotel about 10 times a year. Excellent service/attention at front desk, concierge and club room.
Genuinely friendly and hospitable service from Davida in the club room over the past few evenings.

The newly remodeled lobby and rooms are fantastic.
Clean.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My fiance and I stayed at the Sonesta last weekend and had a great visit. It was very close to where we were going to dinner that night (Chima) and we were able to walk the couple of blocks to the restaurant. Every staff member we met was extremely welcoming and helpful. The hotel is extremely clean and has a nice modern feel. When we got back from dinner, we had a drink in the Art Bar to end a nice night. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bowling Green, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was only staying for oene night, but had a pretty solid experience. My only issue was with room service - I tried calling multiple times (around 730pm) and nobody answered - but I ended up going to the cafe downstairs where the server was super nice and I was able to bring my stuff upstairs. The staff was lovely - Bobby downstairs was particularly helpful supplying me with information about the best/fastest ways to get to the airport - he even tried to help me make change earlier in the morning from his own wallet when he saw me waiting in line. Keianna was also super nice and friendly - even when off the desk. These interactions made me feel pretty good prior to my interview!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Bloomfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our 4th stay at Sonesta and we were given an upgrade from the deluxe king room to a club king room on a high floor. This is actually the second time we were given an upgrade, so much thanks to the great staff here! The hotel itself has been updated in almost every area since our first stay here in 2011. The rooms are spacious, quiet, and very clean.

The hotel is conveniently located with the Walnut St. stores and a long list of great restaurants within walking distance, including a Shake Shack. Reading terminal is a very short drive from the hotel and I would say that Love Park and City Hall are within walking distance.

Overnight parking is available in the adjacent parking garage for $42, however I suggest booking the Philly Overnight Package which includes your room rate plus overnight parking for a discounted price. My only issue was with the valet parking. When we arrived at check-in time, we waited for about 20 minutes for someone to take my keys and give me a ticket and there was another couple in front of us who were waiting for even longer. We had must faster service upon checking out.

Overall, I strongly recommend this hotel for those wanting to stay overnight in Philadelphia. The location is great and the staff here are always very polite and willing to help.

Room Tip: Book the Philly overnight package to save money on parking.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Recently stayed at the Sonesta for the long President's Day weekend to visit Philly like a tourist, though my boyfriend has family who lives in the Northeast area. The hotel was recently renovated and looks like-new from the outside and the hotel lobby reception space into the bar area. The room itself was very modern and spacious enough for the two of us. We stayed in a deluxe two-queen bedroom two rooms away from the elevator, and next time I will probably ask for a room farther from the elevator since you can hear the "Ding" noise, but other than that, not much to complain about.

The hotel is three blocks away from City Hall and a block or two behind Chestnut and Walnut streets, which is a prime commercial area. Would highly recommend for those who are looking for a nearby accommodation for walking distance local attractions, shopping and eateries!

Room Tip: Try to get a room farther from the elevator if possible
Haddonfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is beautiful both inside and out! The hotel is both appealing to the eye and the staff inside is so kind and helpful! I stayed here one night and had a great nights sleep and experience! I plan to go back whenever I can! I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Philadelphia! Great location and so much to do!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
BeverlyB1, Front Office Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Jessica L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay. We are happy that our services and facilities were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Beverly Brunson
Alliance, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Serving as the conference organizer, the hotel could not have been more helpful hosting our 2.5 day conference of 300 people. Biggest surprise was how good the food was! Also had a great feel-intimate but not crowded. Meeting space in close proximity so easy to move from session to session and connect with other attendees. Great event management staff, all great to work with. They have become the standard as our organization considers hotels in other markets for future conferences. Guest rooms were also very nice-would definitely stay there in the future on business or personal travel.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jim K,

Warm regards,

Beverly Brunson

Been to Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!