“Like the Updates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Artfully Sonesta
Ranked #41 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Like the Updates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The staff was all very friendly and the entry way, bar area, and amenities are all incredible. I also have to say I liked the executive suite, which offers a nice mixture of water and juices. The breakfast that they offered in the morning was very nice as well. My room had its own Keurig with K-cups included, which especially helped the morning I had to leave. I liked every part of my stay here.

Room Tip: I went with a club city? room I think it was called. It came with free wifi and access to the execu...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I came to Philadelphia for a business meeting and stayed at the Sonesta based on good reviews. The people at the front desk were friendly, helpful and engaging. The room service contact was not an order taker but had great suggestions. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. The concierge was extremely helpful getting me back to the airport the next day. I would highly recommend and will stay here again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We came for the weekend of the marathon. We found the hotel friendly, our room immaculate and in a perfect location to see and do all things of interest. Having the valet parking and bar and grill was a real plus. We will be back!.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in Sonesta Philadelphia during a 5-day business trip and couldn’t be happier. My modern and chic room was as beautiful as the lobby. Location of the hotel was great, close to shopping and dining.

The bed is on a soft side but comfortable, the desk and chair are great. There is Keurig K-cup coffee maker in each room, which is super convenient. So much more efficient and clean than a regular coffee maker in other hotels. The large LCD had a good cable package; channels included HGTV and HBO.

I ordered room service one night. The dinner came within 20 minutes and it was absolutely delicious. The portion was gigantic: to large pieces of fish on a place full of risotto with what seemed to be a whole bunch of asparagus; I didn’t finish. I didn’t have change and had to leave the tip on the card but they do add 20% tip to the bill by default so I guess it wasn’t even necessary.

The outdoor pool was closed (November) but looked a decent size. I did not use any other facilities (like fitness or business center). I didn’t have breakfast but went to just see how it looked. It was kind of strange as it seemed to be served in a hall way. I was immediately stopped and asked for a ticket (apparently you get a ticket when you pay for a breakfast deal).
I had a Deluxe King City View room. The room was well appointed (see pictures) although the "city view" was a bit misleading. I didn't care much as I was out most of the days, but for someone coming for pleasure a room with a view of a concrete wall would be a big disappointment. I was in room number 810. The wall right in front of my window seemed to end just a floor or two above me, so rooms with numbers ending in 10 on higher floors should have much better views.

Also, I didn't notice a safe box in the room. I decided not to have my room attended to as I had confidential information and can’t legally leave it in the open. It would have been helpful if there was a safe box where I could lock up my documents. Not too big of a deal, though.
The free WiFi was not good. I debated upgrading to a paid option a couple of times but didn’t do it in the end. It is ok for checking email or looking up a restaurant but if you will be working in the room for extended periods of time, you should definitely get an upgrade.

Lastly, the rooms are not very well soundproofed. One night I heard snoring coming out from another room and every single day I heard a lot of elevator traffic (my room was probably third or fourth door from the elevators). Again, this was not a big inconvenience because I had to be up early for work, but would be quite a nuance under different circumstances.

All in all, a beautiful and really inexpensive room ($159/night) and a pleasant stay. I will definitely stay there again if I ever travel to Philly in the future.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask for a room that's away from the elevators.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I've stayed at this property before before a changed hands. It was nice before it's nicer now. Everything went smooth from check in to check out. Maurice at the front desk was wonderful. Both he and the guy that brought up room service recognized that it was my anniversary and actually wrote a little card for us. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have to say my stay was very good and it was because of the help. Every employee was very helpful from the front desk to bell hop and concierge. We got 3 good recommendations from the concierge. We had troubles with our keys twice but the people came up to replace the keys promptly.

• Stayed November 2014
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel was more that I thought. It has a retro feel with a W type of look. The room was amazing and the staff topped it off as a great stay. They only thing I did not like was that the room was rather cold. I would definitely stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Been to Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia? Share your experiences!