1. When I checked in I felt that I had to drag the information out of the person at the front desk.
2. The room key did not work when we tried to open the door. I went back down to the front desk and they said to shove the handle upward and then it would work as that happens all the time when the locksmith has fixed the door.
3. The shower would not drain so I was standing in 3+ inches of water while taking a shower. The fact that the drain plug was the nastiest and dirtiest I have ever seen added to the pleasure of taking a shower.
4. The walls are practically paper thin. You could hear the person next door snoring away.
5. The door does not go all the way down so there is a great deal of light still coming into the room due to that 1 inch space. It makes it easier to hear every noise possible in the hallway.
6. Speaking of noise, the housekeeping door was so squeaky that I wanted to go buy WD40 and fix it for them.
7. Having a room next to the elevator was another negative.
8. Being on the 9th floor was too close to the street noise.
9. The bellhop was not a cheerful person to deal with.
10. The two ladies at the bar/snack area were giving out a lot of attitude when I was just asking about one of the drink options.
11. When we needed to store our luggage, the front desk took them and stated that the bell hop would put them away. They gave us tickets. We came by an hour later and the bags were still out in the lobby, unatended. When I asked for them to be put away, I was told to wait, then the bell hop came and gave me attitude when I said I was concerned about my work computer being out. He stated that there are cameras. That is great, except when you have to track down your bag because you have to find the person that took it by waiting on security to check the cameras and who knows what else.
12. If you are going to charge this price, then be on par with others in this range. I feel like I would have had better service and sleep at a Holiday Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Best of Philly during your stay at our convenient and newly refreshed hotel. The only hotel located on Market Street west of City Hall we are surrounded by Philadelphia's most prominent businesses, hospitals, universities and government offices. The hotel is located just blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Amtrak's 30th Street Station and Philadelphia's historic sites and attractions. The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Liberty Bell, National Constitution Center, Independence Hall & Philadelphia Zoo are just a few of the Philadelphia attractions to experience during your getaway. Walk to Center City businesses, fine dining, upscale shopping, museums, Rittenhouse Square, Avenue of the Arts-Theatre District & Antique Row. Experience professional sports with the Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies or visit top rated golf courses in the tri-state area. Plan your visit to the Franklin Institute's exciting Real Pirates Exhibit with our VIP Packages. Relax at our seasonal outdoor rooftop pool with views of the city. The Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia features great hotel deals and packages for family travel and weekend escapes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Crowne Plaza