“Noise, noise, noise” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia

Save Saved
You added Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia to your Saves list
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Artfully Sonesta
Ranked #55 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
“Noise, noise, noise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

1. When I checked in I felt that I had to drag the information out of the person at the front desk.
2. The room key did not work when we tried to open the door. I went back down to the front desk and they said to shove the handle upward and then it would work as that happens all the time when the locksmith has fixed the door.
3. The shower would not drain so I was standing in 3+ inches of water while taking a shower. The fact that the drain plug was the nastiest and dirtiest I have ever seen added to the pleasure of taking a shower.
4. The walls are practically paper thin. You could hear the person next door snoring away.
5. The door does not go all the way down so there is a great deal of light still coming into the room due to that 1 inch space. It makes it easier to hear every noise possible in the hallway.
6. Speaking of noise, the housekeeping door was so squeaky that I wanted to go buy WD40 and fix it for them.
7. Having a room next to the elevator was another negative.
8. Being on the 9th floor was too close to the street noise.
9. The bellhop was not a cheerful person to deal with.
10. The two ladies at the bar/snack area were giving out a lot of attitude when I was just asking about one of the drink options.
11. When we needed to store our luggage, the front desk took them and stated that the bell hop would put them away. They gave us tickets. We came by an hour later and the bags were still out in the lobby, unatended. When I asked for them to be put away, I was told to wait, then the bell hop came and gave me attitude when I said I was concerned about my work computer being out. He stated that there are cameras. That is great, except when you have to track down your bag because you have to find the person that took it by waiting on security to check the cameras and who knows what else.
12. If you are going to charge this price, then be on par with others in this range. I feel like I would have had better service and sleep at a Holiday Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Jordan C, General Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear leenster,
We are disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations on your recent visit. We are addressing all of your comments with the appropriate departments and will implement additional training to improve in these areas. We would welcome the opportunity to speak to you off line at your convenience to discuss your stay. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail or by phone. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Clean, large room. "Free" WiFi did not work once throughout my stay there (including in the lobby). TV quality was terrible. Otherwise, fine hotel. Location was good (close to the train station, close to shops and restaurants).

Dear liarmair,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The particular week that you stayed with us we were having some issues with our Internet Provider that has since been taken care of. In the month of November, we are switching over to Comcast which will deliver a much better in room entertainment product. Thanks for the comments on our great location, hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Philadelphia
Terre Haute
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

While the renovations of this hotel are breathtaking, they still have a great deal of work to do below cosmetics.I was checked into the wrong room and took awhile to correct. Room service that was supposed to take 1 hour arrived after 2 hours and 20 minutes. No one seemed overly concerned when I tried to talk about the issues. This lead me to believe this was typical.

Dear 664sherryd,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are just finishing up our beautiful renovations and are continuing to focus on providing excellent service to all of our guests. We have addressed your comments with the appropriate departments and hope to welcome you back to the Sonesta the next time you are in Philadelphia.
Niantic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotel was very clean, hotel staff was very friendly and helpful without even being asked. Location was good. Only downside was the quality of breakfast food available in the lounge and the pillows on the beds. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Jouset V, Front Office Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Tiredtraveler51,
Thank you for the candid feedback. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back to Sonesta Philadelphia in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My stay at this hotel turned out to be extremely frustrating. Bathroom had a flood and no one did anything after it was reported. In room dining brought the wrong food which turned out to be average. My room key never worked so I had to repeatedly call for someone to let me in which took a long time and multiple requests. I was given a breakfast voucher but the kitchen told me they were too busy and it would take hours.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Jouset V, Front Office Manager at Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Margo H,
First I would like to apologize for the issues that you had during your recent stay. We are taking the necessary steps to prevent these types of incidents from happening in the future. Moreover, we are at the tail end of our extensive renovation and will be changing out the locks with a more updated system. We hope that you will give us another try next time that you are in Philadelphia.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location and condition of the hotel were good but that doesn't help when your reservation is not honored! We reserved a 2-Queen room for 3 persons but got a Queen + rollaway with the rollaway delivered after 11pm when the 2 young children were asleep. For $400/night this was unacceptable.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Dear Vasiliki T.,
We are a truly sorry about the problem that you encountered with the room type. I can certainly understand your disappointment when you arrived to find that the room type that you reserved was not available. Please let me know directly the next time that you will be visiting Philadelphia and I will personally ensure that your requests are fulfilled.
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Thankfully my company paid for this room due to a seminar I was attending being in this hotel. The room was outdated and the comforter had a dried up orange stain that reminded me of pasta sauce. The bed however was quite comfortable as were the squishy and large memory foam pillows. The cleaning ladies were screaming in the hallways at each other very loudly and the doors slam shut on their own and it is quite disturbing to hear slamming doors at 2am when you have a 7am wake-up call. The hotel lobby was very nice with modern decor and the little art bar in the hotel was very nice and quaint and where I spent some time having cocktails before bed. You would be much better served probably staying at a hotel that is considered equal in nature and costs the same or slightly more. Needless to say I will never go out of my way to stay at a Sonesta. The brightside is that it wasn't on the "top 10 worst".

Room Tip: Avoid the city view. You could hear screaming from protestors and loud young crowds.