“Philly Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City

You added Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #45 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Philly Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for an overnight business trip. Chamran Theoun checked me in to the hotel and was extremely pleasant, patient, & helpful as was the rest of the staff that I came in to contact with. The hotel was clean and had convenient parking attached to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello Shannon H,
Thanks for choosing to be our guest and share your very nice review. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to have Chamran help you and recognize her efforts along with the rest of the team you encountered during your visit. We are glad you found the hotel to be clean with convenient parking. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was amazing. Between the friendly service, wonderful food, and helpful staff and atmosphere, I would definitely book here again. The Hilton Garden Inn has made a name for itself for my family. Definitely lived up to the reputation of the "City of Brotherly Love"!

Room Tip: The 7th floor has the pool and exercise room. So depending on your needs or if you mind chlorine, yo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Rebecca N,
We are all so excited that found the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City to be amazing! I am so glad that you found our team to provide "friendly service, had an opportunity to enjoy our wonderful food, and be welcomed by our helpful staff". The entire team looks forward to seeing you again soon.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Two of us stayed here while attending jury duty. It was about a 5 block walk to the court house, very doable. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice and clean with microwave and small refrigerator plus coffee maker. Nice size rooms and bathrooms too. My only frustration was the comfort of the bed which was sunken in which was very difficult to get a decent nights rest. The restaurant was very tasty and food was fresh. We enjoyed the staff here as well. Thomas the restaurant manger even tried to help with the bed situation. He was able to send someone up to my friends room and adjust his bed. ( my bed the adjustment didn't work) he went over and above the call of duty by comping our meal that evening . My friend received an email from Jeff the hotel manager to see if things were up to our satisfaction plus we were able to meet him the next night at the restaurant . They really did try to make things the best possible for our stay.
On another note I did us the fitness center which was small but adequate and the pool looked inviting but I forgot my swim suit.
This hotel is right beside reading terminal market which is a must do and right by the conference center.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Hello casciocrew,

Thanks for being our guest and sharing your very nice review. I am personally glad I had the chance to meet you and your friend. I am also happy that you found our team to be helpful and friendly and your rooms were nice and clean. I am sorry about the beds and wish we could have made that same adjustment to your room but glad that you met our restaurant supervisor Thomas who immediately helped with your concerns.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We checked in with Michael who was extremely accommodating. Willow, at the concierge desk was also very helpful with the planning of and directions to our various evening destinations. We had drinks and some food at the hotel bar first where we were well taken care of by Anthony. All of the employees were courteous and quite pleasant and we will definitely go back and stay again. The room was comfortable enough for the 2 of us and it was in a quiet section of the floor so we had a great night's sleep.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello pgs874,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Excellent experience. Our team especially Michael, Willow and Anthony were all very excited to see this review and we do appreciate you recognizing their tremendous efforts. Our entire team looks forward to seeing you again when your plans bring you back to our hotel.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My fiance and I stayed her for a weekend trip and we had a blast in Philly. This hotel was awesome. All of the staff were friendly and very helpful. It's fairly safe considering their is a noticeable homeless issue in the city. The hotel is close to Chinatown, shopping, The Reading Terminal and hip on hop off bus tours that you MUST TAKE if you are a tourist. All in all the hotel was great we also enjoyed the bar that was just a few steps away from our room! This is where I will stay when I'm back in Philly! PS WAWA is across the street so no need to waste money on pricey hotel items!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Anika C,
The entire team at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City wishes to thank you for choosing to be our guest and sharing your wonderful comments. We work very hard to earn such positive reviews and are glad you and your fiance had such an "awesome" time. We look forward to seeing you and your fiance again when your plans bring you back to our area.
Cincinnati, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel is really overpriced. I would give it 2 stars and I paid over $280/night, which is 2-3 times what it should cost. The restaurant is sub-par and not open for lunch. The surrounding area is dingy. I would definitely not recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Joel T,
Thank you for choosing to be our guest. Our team is sorry that you experienced a concern with the price value and not having our restaurant open for lunch. Our location next to the Reading Terminal Market, proximity to Chinatown and all of the other great Philadelphia restaurants offers tremendous dining opportunities for many of our guests especially during the lunch time frame. If your plans bring you back, please let me know so I can make sure that you have a much better experience.
Rochester, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great location for the convention I was attending as the Convention Center is just across the street. Hotel is on the same block as Reading Terminal Market with lots of interesting places to eat. Room was nice. Bathroom was dated. Free internet service in the rooms. Housekeeping staff was excellent. Front desk and the Bellman were friendly and helpful.

Hello Bob N,
We truly appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful review. We are all very glad you found our Housekeeping team to be excellent as well as our Bellman and Front Desk to be very friendly and helpful. Our entire team looks forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City? Share your experiences!