“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City

You added Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Utah
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had a great stay with a great room and service; however my friends that rooms on the street side all said their rooms were loud. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello UtahBrowntrout,

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and for sharing your excellent experience. Our team takes great pride in gaining these excellent reviews and I will make sure to share this with the entire team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I often choose Hilton Garden Inn for business travel. However, this stay in Philadelphia was well below par for them. It is in an area of town that did not feel safe at night. On the 11th floor, I could still hear the traffic all night long. And my bathtub would not drain - which is my biggest hotel pet peeve. I would recommend trying the Doubletree - about a mile away - if you're looking for a Hilton property.

Hello vak_10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am truly sorry that you did not feel safe in our area, however I must let you know that this location is a very safe area of Philadelphia. If you do not mind sharing the details of your room number we will certainly address the tub concern. When your plans bring you back, please let me know so I can personally make sure that everything is perfect with your stay.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel gets only an average rating, but first class rating for the staff. They were uniformly very friendly, helpful and genuinely eager to serve. Check-in was a breeze, the housekeepers are top notch and the bell staff serves as if they are at a four star resort. This hotel is very convenient for trips to Chinatown and the convention center (25 steps away). It is also close to many fine restaurants and the wonderful Reading Terminal Market. If you travel by train from the airport, it is a very short walk from the Market East station. Warning, there was only one elevator working during most of our stay and the wait for the elevator was a bit long.

The sleep quality was lacking. Some Hilton hotels, including this one, use an adjustable firmness mattress. Perhaps I've just been unlucky, but the beds in the last two Hilton Garden Inns where I have stayed have been very poor beds. Even when adjusted to full firmness, this one sank in the middle by morning and left me with a sore back for all five nights that I was here. This isn't a sleep number bed, but a very poor imitation. The area is also noisy, very noisy. People were yelling outside area bars and clubs at 0200 on the weekend nights. Even 9 stories up it woke us up.

Then there was the 10 solid minutes of fire alarm that woke us up, told us not to use the fire exits. We got an explanation the next day, but never any "all clear" announcement. Another poor sleep night.

The service is great, but the sleep was very poor, and the cost is very high for a Hilton Garden Inn. A friend stayed at the Marriott Courtyard up the street, a very nice place, for the same rate.

Room Tip: You might have a quieter night if you don't face Arch Street.
Hello K W,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent review. I am glad that you found our team to be Super as everyone does work very hard to leave these positive impressions. I am sorry about the bed experience and if you can email directly your room details so we can address these concerns. I also want to apologize about the alarms that went off that night due to the garage sprinkler heads being activated. When your plans bring you back to our area, please let me know so we can make sure that everything about your visit is just as Super as the team was.
East Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had no intentions of spending the night in Philadelphia. I came down with Vertigo and could not drive back to Connecticut. Walked into the Hilton late afternoon and my husband and I got a room. The front desk staff person very understanding and hospitable. Every staff person we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful. The Restaurant staff on the 10th floor outstanding. Our waiter SAM, very amicable, experienced, and he carried on a conversation that made us feel welcome. His supervisor, as well, came over and spoke with us. Her name begins with a M, sorry I do not remember.

I had the greatest Cobb salad ever! and the Thai appetizers excellent! All ingredients were fresh. Whenever I return to Philly I will stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Philly!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Woventales,

We thank you for taking the time to share your "super" experience during your recent and unexpected stay in Philadelphia. Our team does do everything they can to leave such positive impressions and I was really pleased that the front desk team and our 10th floor grill, especially Samir and Malika were very helpful. We all hope that you are feeling better and look forward to you returning to our hotel in the near future.
Cincinnati, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Refused to honor a change in the rate of $45.00 dollars since my original booking. Asked if I couldn't just cancel my reservation and start all over again...was advised that I would incur a fee of $75.00 per night for cancelling my reservation less than 24 hours before. Manager was no help, couldn't even be bothered to come out and speak with me. Was given a voucher for a drink in the hotel bar (1 per night - three nights total) and 3 breakfast vouchers (which were part of my original booking). All vouchers disappeared following visit by housekeeping the next morning, therefore I opted to forego housekeeping service for the remainder of my trip. I did try the hotel restaurant the night I checked in (was exhausted from an over 9 hour drive). It appeared employees were having dinner with friends/family. Hostess got up from her dinner to sit with me (this felt very ackward to say the least).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christine G,

I am sorry about your poor experience with check-in at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who is rude or unhelpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Made one of my twice yearly trips to Philly and still impressed with that staff at the Hilton Garden. Everyone is very good at saying hi in hallways, elevators etc. Always warm greeting at front desk. I always enjoy the breakfast buffet with the cooked to order omelet. I also tried the wings app and the rib app in the restuarant and both were really good. Decent beer selection.

Location is also great. Easy access to Septa and Amtrak.
Overall they are really making progress fixing up the areas of Philly. In the evening I went for a couple very nice walks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Patrick O,
Thanks for making returning to our hotel and sharing your Excellent review. I know that our entire team will be very pleased to read your wonderful comments about our team. We are also glad that our location for the train is very convenient and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Hotel is located near reading terminal market and stop for big bus tour and convention center easy walk to all
Hotel has beautiful marble and smells clean and fresh
Was upgraded to king bed room was huge and smelled fresh desk staff esp paula went out of way to help and offered a limo driver for ride to aquarium and train and called room to check I had number and information pantry was nice providing soda snacks and candy and was good price staff went out of way to be accomadating nd solve issues am not used to adjustable pressure bed only thing
Room and hall were very quiet and loved seeing sights from window

Room Tip: Side overlooking city is awesome Take big bus tour.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello hsthnr,

Thanks you for taking the time to share this very wonderful review. Our team works very hard and it is obvious that they looked after you very well. Paula doe a very nice job and we thank you for sharing this feedback. We will also make sure to share this review with our housekeepers as they certainly take pride in their cleaning efforts. Thanks for the tip on the room location for future guests and the next time you are back in town, please let me know so we can make sure that everything is just as perfect.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City? Share your experiences!