“Great location, excellent staff... happy with my stay...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City

You added Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1100 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 (City Center East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 25%
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Oregon
“Great location, excellent staff... happy with my stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Location:
1. It's near the convention center. The quickest way to get there is walk away from the front desk to the other end of the lobby and you'll see a door that says access to parking. Open it and go through a glass door and the convention center is right across the street. There are some glass doors which you can walk right in. If they're not accessible, turn left, go straight and there's an entrance to your right.
2. Restaurants: There's a 24 hour convenient store calls WaWa right across the street from the hotel. They have stuff that convenient stores carry + made to order hot foods and drinks. They're quite delicious. You go into the store, use the kiosk to order and then pay at the cash register. If the place is not busy, the food is ready in seconds (literally). There's also a Chinese restaurant a few doors down. They sell Chinese foods, including dumplings...
3. Chinatown: It's about a 5-10 minute walk. This Chinatown is not very big, actually it's quite small. But there are quite a few restaurants there. The few I've noticed are like Hunan, Sichuan foods. If you like Cantonese Chinese food, I haven't seen one. Sorry...I also found a couple of small grocery stores, which mainly sell Chinese products.
4. Mall: There's one nearby.
5. Last but certainly not least in the location category is the Terminal Market. Literally steps away. It's an excellent market with different vendors inside. You get hot foods (different kinds like local foods, Chinese, Japanese etc.), desserts (excellent by the way) and even a market that sell fresh fruits and other things. If you want to eat like a local, I highly recommend this place.
Staff:
Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
From the airport:
Super Shuttle doesn't serve this area. But... there's a shuttle service calls Liberty Shuttle. What you do is claim your bags. Go to the customer service desk (or the transportation desk, sorry don't remember what it's called) which is located in the baggage claim area and tell the person behind the counter where your hotel is. She'll give you a number. Pick up the phone, dial the number. Tell them you're ready to go. Wait at the counter. When the shuttle arrives, they'll let you know where to go to catch it. Very convenient and it only costs $10 + voluntary gratuity. I'm sure all drivers appreciate some gratuity (disclaimer: I don't own nor work for any shuttle bus company). If you prefer to take a cab, which I did on my way to the airport. It cost about $30 + voluntary gratuity.
Microwave and fridge available in the room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Philadelphia Hilton Garden Inn is in the perfect location for downtown - with virtually door-to-door trains from the airport. It offers great value - a good nights sleep, a great breakfast and speedy wi-fi - with friendly and extremely helpful staff. Everything a weary business traveler might need in fact (but I would also stay if I were visiting on vacation.)

Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Staff was very helpful, rooms were clean, and beds were comfortable. I would stay here again! Only issue we had was we were in a handicapped room. The shower head for the bathtub would not stay towards the top making it difficult to shower. besides that great location, rooms, and staff!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Was in town for a three day conference, stayed two nights. Booked four months ahead with conference discount. Hotel is just a block and a half away from conference center main entrance. As my days were long and schedule packed l especially enjoyed being able to pop up to my hotel room during breaks, rest and drop off or pick up paper work and materials. I did not intend to spend time and money on restaurant dining so it was super convenient to have coffee maker, fridge, microwave (all impeccably clean) in the room. With Reading Terminal Market next door I was all set food wise.

In terms of location safety, busy area during the day, occasionally one would see some shady characters and harmless homeless people at night. I'm a New Yorker so that does not affect me as much as it might someone who is not used to a mixed environment in regard to social class.

Because of time restraint I was not able to avail myself of GYM or pool, so I can't comment on that. Hallways a tad worn in places just as a note for folks who are picky about that kind of thing. Room/bathroom seemed fairly recently decorated and furnished, spacious, very clean, well kept. Loved the crisp bed linen. Large desk a plus. Staff friendly, polite and very accommodating. Lobby furnished with arm chairs, couches and a large table, great for meetings.

Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and was assigned one facing the courtyard parking lot. It only had a few ca...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jeff S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We are glad that your three day conference was as enjoyable and convenient as it was. We all thank you for recognizing our friendly and accommodating team as well as our recently renovated lobby area. We look forward to you returning again soon.
Naperville, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was in Philadelphia on business and my host recommended staying at this city center hotel. It was a short cab ride to my meetings, and it worked out really well. The price was right and the location was great.

The hotel is adjacent to the Pennsylvania Convention Center and the Reading Terminal Market. The physical hotel building is a parking garage for the first several floors, then the higher floors are the rooms. I was on the top floor, the 10th floor. I had a nice view of the city, a large room with a king sized bed. A flatscreen TV, refrigerator, microwave, shower/bath, a generous air conditioner and free WIFI that worked well.

The lobby had a nice space for meeting people, a business center, and a Hilton-typical snack and supply store. I liked the complementary cookies, the paper bag with bottles of water and treats, and the friendly people behind the front desk. I arrived early and they made an extra effort to make me comfortable until my room was ready.

The hotel is just north of the Market East SEPTA transit station. I took the SEPTA train from the airport and it dropped me off one block away from the hotel -- the train ride was 20 minutes, and I had to wait less than 10. It was a short, easy walk from the station to the hotel. Be sure to note: the entrance to the hotel is on the corner of Arch and 11th streets, underneath a covered road. When leaving the station, I followed the signs to the convention center. The hotel sign is up very high on the side of the convention center, not at street level (yes, I walked right passed it the first time around).

After my meetings, I was able to go for a nice walk through the city center. I walked from the nearby City Hall building, all the way up to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Then later, after dinner, I walked east past Independance Hall, the Liberty Bell and Christ Church toward Penn Landing on the Delaware River. The hotel is an easy walk to many historic places (I mean really historic places!).

Darien,CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

GOOD:
Very clean
Everything seems pretty new
Staff friendly
Nice heated pool/gym area
Next to Reading Terminal Market
Walk to Chinatown or Historic district
2 free bottles of water
Cookies at check-in

BAD:
Beds very uncomfortable
Elevators not secured by key card to get to guest floors
Lobby open to anyone off street- while waiting for my husband a man walked in and started begging me for money, then sat down on sofa next to another guest who was reading and started begging her for money.
I notified front desk who said they would call security.
$36 to self park in garage next door

Would I stay here again?? I'm not sure...
It's convenient to Convention Ctr and other sites but not sure if the deal I got justifies the unsafe feeling I had all night worrying about anyone having access to guest floors and being pestered in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you had the opportunity to be our guest and share your experience. It is nice to see that our team was friendly and everything was very clean and that our location was convenient for your visit. We understand your concerns about downtown parking. Our hotel is considered very safe and is central to downtown and all that our city has to offer. Please let us know which room you were in so can have our maintenance team follow up and make the necessary repairs. We hope that do try us again so we can offer an even better experience.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel was clean and service was excellent. Everybody was very friendly and went out of the way to help us. Hotel was close to many shops - Macy's especially. We were also close to Hard Rock Cafe, which was a treat. We were especially close to Chinatown, but food in Philadelphia was generally very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad that you chose to spend your first time in Philadelphia at the Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City. We will certainly make sure to share your wonderful comments with our team as everyone works very hard to leave such positive impressions. We are glad that we were convenient to your travels and that our team was excellent.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City? Share your experiences!