My family usually stays in a Homewood Suites. We rarely venture away from that hotel group. Based on location, price, and availability we chose to use the Hilton Garden in Center city Philly. I booked two King Junior Suites and asked for them side by side at the time of the reservation. Additionally, I asked for a pack and play in one of the rooms.
1. Parking is public parking and is share with the convention center (public) and there is only one elevator. There are signs all over the parking garage telling you to, See the front desk to have your parking validated. They do not validate anything. The elevator is always full, take the stairs our 3 and 5 year olds enjoyed dragging their bags down the steps.
2. Our room was not ready upon a late arrival. We asked for an early check in, they told us 1pm it would be ready. We arrived 1.5 hours after the normal check in time of 4pm and the room was still not ready. They asked for a mobile phone number and stated they would call when it was ready, I pointed our my 2 children, and out our bags and explained we needed a room ASAP. They did manage to get us out room about 15 minutes later. For our inconvenience we were treated to breakfast, only they forgot to send the vouchers to our room. I went to the front desk and had asked for them.
3. No pack and Play, only 2 towels per room. A call to get more with no issues.
4. Room service is good and served hot, just pricey as should be expected.
5. A wedding rented the restaurant out for a late night wedding. Our room is located directly under the restaurant. The music lasted until 1:30am then we could hear the staff setting up tables and chairs. Kept waking up my 3 year old, who in turn woke the neighboring rooms. Complaints to the front desk resulted in comping the room but did not get me any additional sleep.
5. Breakfast was good. Buffet style with an omelet station, Omelet guy is good. I asked to have our group seated together, 8 of us, and they could not accommodate us, even thought there were empty large round tables in the back room, they would not open those to us. But did fill them later when the main room was full.
6. Check out time: We asked to place the room service on my brother's Visa card. They did, and they charged mine also. $181 to both of us.
7. Credit Card Review: $300 for the rooms, $362 ($181 overcharged) for room service, $100 (2x $50) for unknown fee waiting for a refund. $33 for Parking - $33 for my car $61 for my brother.
8. Wawa is across the street for emergency purchases.
9. Doorman/Greeter, Richard, is extremely helpful with directions and recommendations.
Stay away from the 9th and 10th floors as that is where the larger functions are held.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
We are sorry we were not able to provide you and your family with the quality of services you all deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. I again, apologize for all of the inconveniences you endured and we hope you will consider staying with us again should you travels bring you back to the area.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.