“skip the breakfast, gloomy lobby and hallway but good customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

You added Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South 17th Street, (City Center West), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
manila
“skip the breakfast, gloomy lobby and hallway but good customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for 4 days and did not get much sleep at all. On the day I checked in, upon going to my room and old lady came out from my assigned room, i asked front desk about this but it was not previously occupied, nevertheless, they changed me to another room in the same floor. I would hear bangs on my door of my second assigned room but nobody was outside, they again changed me to the third room. the hallway looks and feels creepy because it was not very lighted but the rooms were very modern and spacious with all the 5 star amenities and furnishings.
Breakfast was a little disappointing, thats why very few people were eating there. on my second day of breakfast, i noticed some white "dust" on their bread and was about to take one, when another gust told me they were actually molds, but the waitress did change it fast.
the front desk was excellent despite my many "incidents" with my room, they were very gracious and changed my room. the lobby is very modern during the day, but turns into a dungeon-like atmosphere at night, they had candles lit the entire lobby. I would recommend they maintain the real sofitel modern feel by just making their lobby bright and i think the carpet and lighting of the hallways to the rooms needs a fast renovation.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My sister and I just stayed here for a long weekend. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms very nice! The beds are the best I've ever slept on at any hotel in recent travel.

The location of this hotel is fantastic! Close to great restaurants and shopping! Quick walks or cabs to all the sights! Also - very easy to take he train to/from the airport!

I would highly recommend staying here and look forward to coming back soon!

Stayed April 2015
Angela B, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Buddydee1,

Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us! I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a memorable girls weekend experience. I am always so glad to hear when our guests are able to take advantage of some of the great things to offer right outside our doors – Philadelphia’s top restaurants, shopping, historic sites, museums, and all the major attractions. We eagerly await your next trip!

West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is a great location, wonderful ambience when you arrive, the beds are extremely comfortable, the staff are very friendly. Breakfast is nice, À la cart with a buffet at weekends.
I would definitely revisit this hotel as it has everything you need with very good customer service.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Cher Travelstar76,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent business trip to Philadelphia. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay from our ambiance and great downtown location, to our exclusive So-Beds and breakfast in Chez Colette. I hope that we can welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again soon.

Warm Regards,
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We spent a quick overnight stay in the Sofitel for my birthday. We purchased the upgrade and the suite was perfect. Very clean and modern. The bed was unbelievably comfortable!!! I don't think I've ever had a better night's sleep. The bathroom was large and featured very nice decor.

The location is perfect. Very close to Rittenhouse for a stroll in the park, shopping and close to all the restaurants on Samson.

In addition, we spent some time at the bar and I have to recommend the Tiger Eye cocktail for anyone who likes a little spice in their drink. It was a really great stay.

Room Tip: They host weddings so the higher the floor, the quieter.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Angela B, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Bonjour Chelsea S,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia to celebrate your birthday! I am so glad that we were able to make your stay special and enjoyed our Rittenhouse Square location with Philadelphia’s best restaurants and shopping. I am also delighted that you had such a great night’s sleep in our exclusively designed So-Bed and that you had the opportunity to try one of the drinks that our excellent mixologists are known for in Liberte. I hope that we can welcome you back again for your next celebration!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

IO have to say that from the time you walk in the front door until you check out the folks at Sofitel Philadelphia go above and beyond to treat you with complete professionalism! The hotel itself is tremendous and offers great amenities'. I would recommend this hotel to the pickiest of friends knowing full well they will be pampered and spoiled from start to finish.

Outstanding service,employees and facilities!!

Room Tip: Comfortable rooms!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bonjour shells 709,

I was so glad to hear that you had such an excellent experience with us during your recent business trip to Philadelphia. I am delighted that our ambassadors were able to make your trip such a memorable one and that you enjoyed some of the extra amenities that we offer. We hope to welcome you back again for your next trip to Philadelphia.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this was my fourth hotel in the same week and I say it was the best of the bunch.

when you travel as much as I do, you really don't look for anything spectacular or "extras" besides consistency. and Sofitel in Philly is consistently good.

Check in and billing was always fast and accurate;
Valet Parking efficient and timely (it is a bit of a challenge for them since the driveway is smack in the middle of traffic and very short/small)
Room was clean, comfortable and very well designed.
One of the better room service menu around.

I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Samuel C,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of Sofitel! I am so very pleased that you had such a comfortable and memorable stay with us, especially since you had been travelling quite a bit for business trips. We believe that consistent service is imperative and understand how it can make a big difference for frequent travelers. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our room service menu and I hope you also had the opportunity to try our menu in Liberte as well. We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next trip to Philadelphia and to remain consistently providing top service that you have come to expect.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first stay at a Sofitel. The hotel decor is very contemporary and tasteful. The rooms are a bit larger than average with a nice work area. A lot of thought was put into having multiple outlets available at the work desk for all of ur mobile device and laptop chargers. Loved the in room Keurig coffee maker. The closets were more european style with the look of fine cabinetry. The room included an excellent alarm clock with iPhone/iPod dock. The bathroom was elegant, with marble all around and a separate tub and spacious shower. Meeting rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. Excellent stay. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Cher Resilient_Travelers,

I was delighted that you had such a good experience for your first time staying at Sofitel Philadelphia. We understand that for many guests, especially business travelers, little details such as multiple outlets at the work desk makes a difference and I was glad to hear that this was a great convenience for you. I was also very pleased that you enjoyed some of our other details such as our in room Keurig coffee maker, European style closets, Bose clock radio with iPhone/iPod dock, and our large marble bathrooms with separate shower and tub. We do hope that we can welcome you back again to Sofitel for your next trip to Philadelphia.

Angela

Been to Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!