“Great Experience & Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

You added Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South 17th Street, (City Center West), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel that is in a great location in the centre of town. rooms are large and very comfortable and the light choice breakfast was a pleasant surprise. The gym does need some work and while I know that the Sofitel is a French company the requirement for staff to say hello and pleasantries in French is just strange.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vincent V, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear gecko_sydney,

The De-Light options on our menus certainly have become a favorite for our guests as they offer the perfect balance of a healthy choice to provide energy for a busy day in Philadephia while also containing delicious flavors to satisfy the palate.

Thank you for sharing your comments, and I hope that we may welcome you back in the future for another business (or leisure!) trip.

Warm regards,
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We got a great deal from Jetsetter.com and stayed in the Superior King room on the last day of my 2nd anniversary trip. What a nice and cozy stay to complete our trip with a smile! Valet/bellman greeted us in French (since Sofitel is a France-based hotel branch). Front desk staff was very friendly. Bedroom was very spacious and bathroom is gorgeous! Many modern and chic art decorations were flowing around the entire suite. Furniture and amenities were extremely clean. The bed was super cozy and comfortable. We ordered room service. The food arrived in 30 minutes, good portion and quality. The hotel has great location within walking distance to many shops and nice restaurants. Here is something to note if you are concerned about parking. They charge around $40/day including taxes, but they allow you leave the vehicle with them until 6pm on the check-out day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TailYY,

Happy Anniversary! It is always our pleasure when our guests share such a special experience with us.

I want to thank you for pointing out our valet parking. Our rates are indeed competitive, but like all of our services we add an extra and special value for our guests, such as leaving a vehicle until 6pm on the day of check-out, and having the ability to take the car out and back in unlimited amounts of times throughout a stay for no extra charge.

Once again, I want to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be a part of such a special experience, and I truly hpoe that we may be welcoming you back again soon.

Merci!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am a returning customer, and have been staying in this hotel over 5 times in past 6 years.

I find the room a bit dated this time, but still nice and cozy as usual. The heavy cotton made mattress, bed sheets, towels made me feel warm and pampered. The bathroom is brightly decorated, with a strong powered shower. I love it so much that I have to shower 2-3 times a day.

I have to recommend the breakfast café too. I am normally the first guest arrived at 6AM (woke up early due to jetlag), and the breakfast served there never disappoints me. I prefer the a-la-carts to the buffet corner. I love the egg benedict, pancakes and waffles. They always provide complimentary mini fresh smoothies, which really cheers me up in the morning.

Green Features: Can place a card on the bed if there is no need to change bed sheets
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Viv Y,

We truly love to pamper our guests and it is my absolute delight that you continue to visit us over the years.

Our luxurious showers with separate soaking tub has indeed become a favorite among our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we all look forward to welcoming you back for your sixth visit!

À bientôt!
Reading, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Pros:
-Central location is perfect for exploring Philly- we walked to all major sites. Also pleasantly surprised by the immediate area, very charming with lots of independent shops, cafes, bars, etc. I highly recommend Dandelion for dinner, literally around the corner.

-Very comfortable, (if small-ish) room and spotless, nicely appointed bathroom.

Cons:
-Noise was an issue. There was a wedding on directly below our room - think thumping music shaking our walls until 12 AM. We were not given any warning about this when we booked the room or checked-in, and the front desk was pretty dismissive when we complained.

After complaining again at checkout, the manager automatically knocked $63 off our rate. We were satisfied with this outcome, but just a heads up- if you really need a good night’s sleep, I’d ask about the events schedule and make sure your room is well above the noise barrier. . . .

Mixed feelings:
- Kind of pricey for what you get, although of course this depends on your rate. Ours was around $290 for a standard room, including tax & breakfast. Overall, I think it’s a bit of stretch to call this a “luxury” brand.

-Public areas are nice enough but unremarkable

- Lacking in local character. We expected this given the French brand and appreciated some of the European touches (e.g. mini-baguettes and cast iron cookware at the breakfast buffet). However, I think next time we’ll try somewhere that feels a bit more like Philadelphia

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nauset79,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experience with us. I am pleased you enjoyed our central location which offers many historical sites, shops, dining, and more just steps from our front door.

It is in our culture at Sofitel to blend French Luxury with the local culture. There are many unique touches all throughout our property that tie these two together, such as the Philly Pretzel served in the bread basket alongside the mini baguettes.

I hope that you may visit us again and take a moment to visit our concierge, or any of our ambassadors, who would be delighted to share more of these examples found throughout the hotel to arfully blend each of the two cultures, and open up your experience to indulge in French luxury while also feeling uniquely in Philadelphia.

Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is an amazing hotel. We had the Junior Suite on the 14th Floor and this room was amazing. Full living room, bedroom, dressing room, and a large bathroom. 2 Televisions also. The location is close to all of Philly's major attractions, and conveniently located near the subway line. That was helpful since we caught a basketball game while we were there. The staff was courteous and helpful. I have made note of this hotel for my next visit to Philadelphia.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Robert C,

It was such a delight to read your awesome 5 star review! I thank you for making us your chosen hotel in the downtown Philadelphia area, and want to thank you for sharing your experience.

We truly strive to provide a unique, luxurious experience for each of our guests from the design of the room to the expecptional level of service our ambassadors provide. I am so pleased you were able to indulge in all that we have to offer, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,
Vincent

Been to Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!