“Terrific Stay at Sofitel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

You added Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South 17th Street, (City Center West), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #7 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Terrific Stay at Sofitel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently stayed at Sofitel in Philadelphia and can't say enough great things about my stay. When in Philly I typically prefer more Boutique hotels (especially the one across the street from Sofitel) however I will stay at Sofitel every time I go back now. Very large rooms, great service. I was in town for my sister's wedding and the hotel accomodations were geat. The suites were also very large and comfortable. The beds are AMAZING and the bathrooms are very large. The only negative comment I have is the restaurant there - I went to twice for breakfast - very averages and expensive. Just leave the hotel if you're looking for a good breakfast or brunch!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Bonjour runlc!

I am so glad that you choose to stay at Sofitel Philadelphia while celebrating your sister’s wedding. We are fortunate to have large rooms and bathrooms for a boutique hotel right in center city and are also go glad to hear your loved our one of a kind So-Beds! Please feel free to learn more about them through our So-Boutique website. I am disappointed to hear about your experience with breakfast, as our breakfast is usually very popular. I would love to welcome you back again and to make your breakfast experience the outstanding one we are custom to providing.

Merci,

Vincent Vienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary here. When I made the online reservation, I noted that fact, and the hotel not only upgraded our room but also sent up a tray of sweets shortly after our arrival. Most thoughtful. Our room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. As other reviewers have noted, the bed was lovely--with one caveat. Because there's a comforter and no top sheet, if you want to sleep with covers, you'll probably have to crank up the air conditioning so that the room is really cold. Two other small negatives. First, we noticed that some of the furniture and doors in our room were dinged-up, making the place feel a bit run-down. Some of the finish on the coffee table, for instance, was worn off in obvious places. Second, when we went to check out, we were told that we owed two nights' parking. We didn't even have a car on this trip. The error was corrected quickly, but it didn't inspire confidence. On balance, we had a great experience at the Sofitel Philadelphia. We would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Rittenhouse Square area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear ChemindeFer2013,

We love having the opportunity of providing a memorable experience when celebrating a wedding anniversary and are very glad that you enjoyed our Suite and amenity. We do understand that some guests prefer a top sheet to our European duvet, and we are always happy to have one provided during our nightly turndown service. We value your comments very much as they assist us in continuing to make improvements to our hotel. We normally do not have errors with billing and will certainly ensure that all procedures are reviewed to enhance our service and the confidence our guests have in us. I would love to welcome you back again to Sofitel Philadelphia for an even better stay.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I had to attend a wedding requiring an overnight stay in July. We could not have been more pleased with the accommodations. The room was spacious and clean; the large bed very comfortable. We had no difficulties with either service or staff, the latter never failing to be helpful.
The wedding for two hundred plus attendees conveniently took place at the hotel. It was clear by the attentive quality of staff at this event that we were witnessing rather seamless professionalism as regards both the reception and the meal following.
We were impressed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RHL1946,

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you and your wife had such a pleasant time at the wedding we hosted. We have become a favorite wedding venue in Philadelphia and have formulated the perfect procedures to ensure a perfect outcome. We would love to welcome you and your wife back again even if you are not attending a special event. We are located in a great area for exploring the city and for a great weekend getaway.

Warm Regards,

Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am on the road 5-10 days a month and whenever I am in Philadelphia the Sofitel is the place to stay. The location is great but what really makes the hotel is the staff and the rooms, by far the best bed I have slept in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear johnmarc007,

I am thrilled that we are your hotel of choice when in Philadelphia! I am so very pleased that our location and our ambassadors’ attentiveness has made all of your stays so memorable and has influenced you in becoming such a loyal guest. We will continue to look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel Philadelphia for all of your trips and to continue to provide you with the excellent service you expect.

West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Just stayed 3 nights at Sofitel Philladelphia...everything about this hotel is great. Super location surrounded by loads of bars & restaurants. Every staff member is helpful, friendly & professional from the front desk through to the restaurant & the bar. I had breakfast all 3 mornings..1st day a la carte, next 2 buffet. Delicious & the coffee actually tastes like coffee! Miguel from Djibouti was an absolute delight..looked after us like long lost friends! The hotel lobby is lit by candlelight after dark & the bar area is buzzing & feels up market. The beds are THE most comfortable I have ever experienced, bar none! Would not hesitate to recommend & will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maggie J,

I am so very pleased that you choose to stay with us during your recent business trip. It is also great to hear that you took advantage of our great location with all of the best restaurants and bars right outside our doors. I am very glad that our ambassadors made your stay memorable and made you feel special. I am also so pleased that you had the opportunity to see our evening candle lighting ritual that we perform every night at dusk. It is a ritual that we feel brings a lot of warmth to the hotel and creates a completely different environment. I would love to welcome you back again to Sofitel Philadelphia and to explore even more of what our great location has to offer.

Warm Regards,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great location and super comfortable beds. Staff is friendly but the one thing that was surprising was the horrible quality of the TV and cable in the room. Such a fancy hotel, you would think that the electronics would be from this era. Other than that, it was a great option to stay at in Philly and I would definitely recommend for a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Cynthia M,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our one of a kind So-Beds and our Rittenhouse Square location. We have not had any comments on our TV and cable and are so glad that you mentioned it here as all comments assist us in continuing to make changes to our hotel that keep up providing the best service and amenities. I would love to welcome you back again soon and to provide you with the perfect stay we strive to create.

Vincent Vienne

Been to Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!