“Beautiful, classy hotel with a great staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

You added Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South 17th Street, (City Center West), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
“Beautiful, classy hotel with a great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Staff is very attentive and focused on their guests. Was offered a complimentary room upgrade. The Concierge, Maggie, was a huge help in assisting me with a change to my travel plans. Great location to the downtown business area. Would definitely stay again. Great choice when staying in Philadelphia.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best Stay Ever. Much needed getaway from kids and work. Perfect location, greeted warmly from doormen to front desk, will be back soon for a longer stay. Need to hit the hotel bar for some drinks and people watching

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at the Philly Sofitel over the weekend while attending a exhibit at Morris Arboretum.
I wanted a central location with a well outfitted room near Rittenhouse. Originally had considered Palomar, but read a less than positive review so moved my focus to Sofitel. It did not disappoint !
Excellent service, cordial and accommodating desk , great bell and valet folks and very clean.
They read my ' room requests' ( yes.. really read them) and placed us in a top floor with great light in a quiet area. The bed was insanely comfortable, the room was well designed and HUGE.
Bathroom was totally impeccable with all amenities in place ( including that darn shower cap that both the Kimpton and Westin seem to forget!).

PROS: Huge room, great light, amazing bed, clean and fresh duvet.
free internet, Lanvin toiletries and Yves Delorme sheets and towels.
And ready for this... ? ( men hotel designers.. pay attention... ) 2 full length mirrors, a powerful hair dryer and a magnifying mirror that was usable . And delicious French press coffee (complimentary) in the lobby in the morning.

CONS.. Think the hotel needs a brightening up in some areas. The lobby is gorgeous as is the bar. But, the hallway wall paper should go. There are amazing details in the rooms- like frosted doors in the bath that are gorgeous, but the furniture in the rooms is a bit worn and there was serious wood de-lamination of the window sill woodwork that should be repaired.

We did use the parking and the valet group was quite pleasant !

Overall.. not inexpensive, but truly comfortable. I'd stay here again and hope they add a bit of of updating in hallways and rooms to match the good vibe they provide.

Amazing location, covered reception and a tremendous staff . Bravo!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a south facing exposure. Great light and very open as no tall buildings next to...
central PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past three years and had a great experience on both visits. The hotel is nicely appointed, clean, and very comfortable. I thought the price was very reasonable for the quality. The employees are cheerful and provide excellent service. I love the location, not as hectic as the convention center area and very safe. All the popular tourist sites are within walking distance or can be easily accessed via public transportation. Elevators cannot be used without a room key which is a nice security feature. I would definitely stay here again. Only reason I did not give this a 5 star rating is because I feel that implies a higher level of luxury than found here (and would come with a higher price tag)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear momzilla-6,

Thank you for the great review of your stay at Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted that we had the opportunity to provide two great experiences for you while visiting with us. It is also very good to hear when our guests have the chance to explore our great location and all is has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are visiting Philadelphia and to continue to provide great service and experiences.

Ewing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here one night while on a business trip to Philadelphia. This hotel is fantastic! During check-in the clerk was polite and friendly - immediately offered to take my bags upstairs for me. Although I declined, it was the attentiveness that really caught my attention. The elevator requires a key swipe to go up, which is an indicator of security. I liked that - I value the security and safety of myself and my belongings. I was immediately impressed with the room when I walked in. I had a King bed and a large open computer desk, double-curtained window, and cozy arm chair to boot. The digs are snazzy. The bathroom is enormous - separate bathtub, from a beautiful glass shower space, and a variety of amenities beyond your typical shampoo/conditioner/soap sample. I left for most of the evening, but when I returned the room was dimly lit, and the sheets had been turned down. The bed was heavenly to sleep in - not too many pillows, not too little - just right. When I went downstairs to check out, a different clerk was there who was also very polite, and the process was quick and painless. Highly recommend for anyone on any type of trip - this hotel experience was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear LanaKam,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia! I am very glad to hear that our ambassadors were able to provide an efficient yet luxury experience for you. Service is very important to us and we pride ourselves on anticipating guests’ needs before they need to ask! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for many more trips to come.

Warm Regards,

State College, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was our fourth stay here. It is one of our favorite hotels in Philadelphia. The staff welcomes you warmly. We always stay in the Junior suites which are spacious, well appointed and reasonably priced especially if you combine it with a breakfast and/or a parking package. Breakfast buffet or al la carte at the hotel is not unreasonable for a city. The restaurant is lovely and the service excellent. The location of the hotel is great. It is near major shopping and sites.

Room Tip: Get a Junior suite
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear MKOZ,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest to Sofitel Philadelphia! I am delighted to hear that you take advantage of the great packages that we offer and that our spacious suites provide a comfortable stay for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia and to create many more great experiences.

Warm Regards,

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My fiance` and I stayed here over the weekend and it was a wonderful experience. This was our first trip to Philadelphia and I am glad we had the Sofitel Hotel to help get us acquainted. The concierge, William, took a great deal of time to answer our questions as well as provide us very solid recommendations for sites to visit and restaurants to have dinner.

The rates are very reasonable for a hotel of this caliber and it was very conveniently located to everything we wanted to do. The beds are immaculate. We got fantastic sleep while we were there. I would certainly stay here again when coming back to the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear mgbracey,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your first trip to Philadelphia! I am delighted that you were able to take advantage of our concierge and the great recommendations he always has. Our city has many things to do and places to see and we are always glad to hear when our guests have the opportunity to explore what is around us. We look forward to welcoming you and your fiancé back again to experience even more of our great city.

Vincent Vienne

Been to Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!