“Well appointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South 17th Street, (City Center West), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Dublin, Ireland
“Well appointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this property for the first time.

First impressions where excellent, the staff all very friendly and approachable and the lobby has a very contemporary feel if a little on the small and crowded side and lacking seating.

I was very impressed with the bedroom. Very spacious for a standard double with probably the most comfortable bed Iv experienced in a Sofitel or similar brand. The TV had plenty of channels and the bathroom was also enormous with a separate shower facility beside the bath. My only real gripe with the room however was the lack of power sockets near the bed. The only one I could find was behind the headboard of the bed and to use it meant nearly shaving a layer of skin off your hand (eh, lawsuit Mr Sofitel lol) unless you can manage to pull the bed out.

I ordered wings from room service and found them very generous however the price was crazy.

The gym was very well appointed however it was tightly packed in there. With just 2 other people using the facilities I found we where falling over one another.

The location is also fantastic at this hotel with good quality shops and restaurants all within a casual walk from the lobby.

All in all I very much enjoyed this hotel and look forward to returning!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Irishstandards,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia for your most recent business trip! I am delighted that our ambassadors were able to make your stay memorable and that you found our rooms comfortable, especially our unique So-Beds. We appreciate you feedback on the location of our sockets as your comments assist us in continuing to make improvements to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the very near future.

Warm Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Sofitel Philadelphia is in a good location - easy walk to shopping in Walnut St and 15 minutes to museums or Liberty Bell. Rooms are a good size with large bathroom and free bottled water which was a nice extra. Gym has good facilities and is easily accessed and breakfast in Chez Collette was tasty, served quickly and good value in this type of hotel. I found the front desk staff a little stand offish but the restaurant staff were friendly. Good rate and overall a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear GregK2A,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our location was convenient for you and that you enjoyed our facilities and amenities. I am also very glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast in Chez Colette and hope that you will have the opportunity to try our great menu in Liberte in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great room, comfortable bed, great nights sleep! Enjoyed my breakfast at the resturant and the staff was very hospitible. Thxs for the service and care that was taken to provide a comfortable stay. Valet was very nice as well. Thxs!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear bhorchar,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay and that our unique So-Bed provided you with a great night sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again soon.

Kind Regards,

Arlington, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and hospitable. My girlfriend and I were in town for a weekend getaway, and I took the opportunity to surprise her with a proposal. The hotel staff was aware of my plan, and they went the extra mile to help make our weekend memorable. The location was excellent and it was within walking distance to museums, restaurants, and my favorite coffee shop, La Colombe. We would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CoffeeGuy_13,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia for such a special occasion! I am so very delighted that our staff was able to assist you with your proposal. We are thrilled to be a part of such a big moment. We look forward to welcoming you and your fiancé back again soon and would love the opportunity to hold your wedding at our hotel. Please feel free to ask for our Wedding Planner, Lisa Strickland, who would be very happy to show you our great event space.

Warmest Regards,

Baltimore, MD, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed in the Sofitel Philadelphia for one night on business. The location is excellent. Service staff was efficient, friendly and unobtrusive. Check-in was a breeze. Having to card-in for any floor in the elevator was annoying, but I'm sure they had a good reason from a security perspective.

The room itself was in very good shape. Smart modern with a European feel, furnishings were in good shape. Wifi connectivity was speedy and easy to configure. The cable package was not good; all channels appeared to be standard def stretched to 16:9 aspect ratio. Bed was comfortable, though the pillows were not, as I recall.

The bathroom was very clean and in generally good shape. Checking behind the door (a hallmark of thorough cleaning) revealed: nothing! All clean. The shower area had a caulking issue or two, but nothing major.

All in all, a great hotel and a simple, excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear BobinBaltimore,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia. I am delighted that you had a convenient stay and that our ambassadors were able to serve you efficiently without being obtrusive. We know that this is often times very important to our business travelers and we pride ourselves at knowing what type of service each guest is looking for. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Regards,

buenos aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for almost one week. The hotel has a nice lobby area and offers expresso coffee in the morning, which was really good to start the day if you do not have much time for breakfast. I attended a conference, so I needed to be a the convention center really early and usually did not have much time in the morning.
The room was large and quiet. I slept very well. Even though I did not order room service as I usually do when traveling on business. I would stay again if I go back to Philadelphia.
The hotel is located walking distance from a restaurant area. The food at most of the places I went for dinner was really high quality, either for fish or read meat. I recommend to explore the area. There are also many shops located walking distance from the hotel, and they cover almost all specialties, so it is not needed to go to a shopping mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear moonstoneBA,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your most recent business trip. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary morning coffee station which is very convenient for guests who need to grab a quick coffee and breakfast to go. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again to explore more of what our great, downtown location has to offer.

Sincere Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Been to Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!