“Great night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South 17th Street, (City Center West), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“Great night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great room, comfortable bed, great nights sleep! Enjoyed my breakfast at the resturant and the staff was very hospitible. Thxs for the service and care that was taken to provide a comfortable stay. Valet was very nice as well. Thxs!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear bhorchar,

Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay and that our unique So-Bed provided you with a great night sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again soon.

Kind Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Arlington, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and hospitable. My girlfriend and I were in town for a weekend getaway, and I took the opportunity to surprise her with a proposal. The hotel staff was aware of my plan, and they went the extra mile to help make our weekend memorable. The location was excellent and it was within walking distance to museums, restaurants, and my favorite coffee shop, La Colombe. We would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CoffeeGuy_13,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia for such a special occasion! I am so very delighted that our staff was able to assist you with your proposal. We are thrilled to be a part of such a big moment. We look forward to welcoming you and your fiancé back again soon and would love the opportunity to hold your wedding at our hotel. Please feel free to ask for our Wedding Planner, Lisa Strickland, who would be very happy to show you our great event space.

Warmest Regards,

Baltimore, MD, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed in the Sofitel Philadelphia for one night on business. The location is excellent. Service staff was efficient, friendly and unobtrusive. Check-in was a breeze. Having to card-in for any floor in the elevator was annoying, but I'm sure they had a good reason from a security perspective.

The room itself was in very good shape. Smart modern with a European feel, furnishings were in good shape. Wifi connectivity was speedy and easy to configure. The cable package was not good; all channels appeared to be standard def stretched to 16:9 aspect ratio. Bed was comfortable, though the pillows were not, as I recall.

The bathroom was very clean and in generally good shape. Checking behind the door (a hallmark of thorough cleaning) revealed: nothing! All clean. The shower area had a caulking issue or two, but nothing major.

All in all, a great hotel and a simple, excellent stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear BobinBaltimore,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your recent trip to Philadelphia. I am delighted that you had a convenient stay and that our ambassadors were able to serve you efficiently without being obtrusive. We know that this is often times very important to our business travelers and we pride ourselves at knowing what type of service each guest is looking for. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

Regards,

buenos aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for almost one week. The hotel has a nice lobby area and offers expresso coffee in the morning, which was really good to start the day if you do not have much time for breakfast. I attended a conference, so I needed to be a the convention center really early and usually did not have much time in the morning.
The room was large and quiet. I slept very well. Even though I did not order room service as I usually do when traveling on business. I would stay again if I go back to Philadelphia.
The hotel is located walking distance from a restaurant area. The food at most of the places I went for dinner was really high quality, either for fish or read meat. I recommend to explore the area. There are also many shops located walking distance from the hotel, and they cover almost all specialties, so it is not needed to go to a shopping mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear moonstoneBA,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel for your most recent business trip. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary morning coffee station which is very convenient for guests who need to grab a quick coffee and breakfast to go. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again to explore more of what our great, downtown location has to offer.

Sincere Regards,

Morris Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

A++ Every employee I encountered was friendly, helpful and performed their tasks rapidly. They made me feel very welcome. The hotel is fun but comfortable. It is also very conviently located to many wonderful restaurants and shopping in a great area of Philly. Would love to stay there again when I re-visit and will definately try the Sofitel name in other cities. My only compaint was that the room I stayed in had a faint odor of cigarettes and some of the wood furniture had chips in them. But I wasn't offended enough by either to complain. Price was on the higher side but I thought it was worth the amazing experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Tacoma01,

Thank you for your A++ review! I am delighted to hear that our ambassadors were able to create a great experience for you that made your stay memorable. I am also happy to inform you that we are currently updating our rooms’ furniture. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again soon to enjoy our updated furniture and another great experience.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Sofitel for four days in February. Arrived very late due to airline delay. Friendly welcome by the receptionist in the middle of the night. Trouble free and informative check in. Got a nice room on the top floor (14). Spacious room, all facilities, mini bar, complimentary WIFI, nice bathroom. And a very comfortable bed. Valet parking for my rental car. Free coffee and croissants in the lobby area as self service in the morning. The hotel has excellent location in the hearth of Philadelphia. Had business meetings in Wilmington, Delaware but decided to stay in Philadelphia. Indeed a good decision. Plenty of good restaurants close to the hotel. Will come back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Runar P,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Philadelphia for your business trip, even though it was in Wilmington! I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate all your needs quickly upon your late arrival. I know that after a delayed flight, no one wants anymore delays. We look forward to welcoming you back again for many more trips to come.

Sincere Regards,

Vincent Vienne

Been to Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!