“Loved this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel

You added Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel to your Saves list
Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 South 17th Street, (City Center West), Philadelphia, PA 19103 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Cameron Park, California, USA
“Loved this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

What a nice treat to stay at such an elegant hotel - yet the price was very reasonable for a big city. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was tidied up twice a day - once in the morning and again in the evening. Definitely felt pampered. It was easy to get to restaurants, shops and attractions by simply walking or taking a quick cab ride. We opted to not get a car - parking is rare and pricey. The bed was super comfy and there was even a nice sound system in the room. We will definitely stay at Sofitel again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear SharC306,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Sofitel Philadelphia. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make you feel pampered with our evening turn-down service and Bose sound system. Our ambassadors do their best to exude luxury to our guests in every way possible. We are looking forward to providing you with another comfortable stay with us soon.

Vincent Vienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed in Sofitel for two nights. It was fantastic experience during the stay. Almost everything I need is in the room, such as bottle opener, minibar, bath robe, etc. The service was also perfect and nice. I asked for late check-out and the reception desk quickly satisfied my requirement. Overall, the location is very nice, the atmosphere is romantic, the room is cozy and delicate, I would definitely choose Sofitel Philadelphia next time.

Dear WilliamOu,

Bonjour!

Thank you for your great comments. I am delighted that our luxury amenities and service were able to create a memorable impression during your stay with us. We believe that all the little details are important to create a positive guest experience. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again with your next stay at Sofitel Philadelphia.

Sincere Regards,

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband got us a night at Sofitel as a surprise Christmas present for me.
Valet parking was easy, and they were very friendly. Once we walked in the doors of Sofitel, I was blown away by the smell. It was amazing. They had dim lighting at night when we arrived, and candles lined the entry in the lobby. I really wish I asked what the smell was, because I miss it now that we are back home. The receptionist was nice, and our room was amazing. It was romantic, and perfect. When we needed a taxi, the valet hailed one for us. Also, when we came back from the museum we wanted to know of any good restaurants to go to so we were directed to the concierge. We sat in his office and he helped us, even when we were indecisive, and even made reservations for us. He had excellent recommendations, and we went to Butcher & Singer which was superb. Best steak of our lives, and best rolls and butter! If we ever return to Philadelphia, we will have to stay here again. We felt very well taken care of, and the trip was incredible. Thank you Sofitel for the incredible stay!

Cher TitanicAddict,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear that our unique lobby scent made such a positive impression on your stay with us. Each Sofitel has their own scent, ours is Intérieur Figuier by L’Artisan Parfumeur. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back again soon for another incredible trip.

Warm Regards,

West Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

There were both good and bad things about my stay here. The front desk staff was very warm during check-in and check-out and the agent gave me a great sushi recommendation for dinner. The beds are comfortable and the room was warm and quiet. I also liked the "business center" which was just two computers and two printers that guests could use at their discretion. I appreciated not being charged $14 for printing five pages.

On my way to my room after checking in, I was disappointed to see more than a handful of dirty room service trays were left uncollected in the hallway. In addition, I had television problems in the morning.

I agreed to taking a survey regarding my stay and was impressed that the general manager of the hotel replied to me directly concerning my comments. Because of this I would stay here again. However, because the property is a bit outdated, I would check the rate at Hotel Palomar across the street first.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SofitelPhiladelphia, General Manager at Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear J and M M,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us in Philadelphia. I am very glad to hear that our ambassadors were able to assist you with recommendations for one of the many great restaurants nearby and that you felt warm and welcome while staying with us.
We are continually making updates to our hotel to keep our services and amenities at a high level and are currently in the process of making several upgrades to our rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Philadelphia in the near future to enjoy them.

Warm Regards,

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for a company event. From check in onwards everything went well.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped. The free Wi-Fi also works well. The staff were all very helpful, including for my special meal requests and our catering requirements in general.

In terms of location the hotel is in a good part of the city which will suit most tourists, and the staff will help you with any queries you may have about the city.

If I ever return to Philly I will try to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear rabbitman,

Thank you for your excellent review of your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that our ambassadors were able to assist your with all of your needs and requests and were able to make your stay a memorable one. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Philadelphia again in the future.

New York City, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Pros - The hotel was situated at an ideal location; it was within walking distance of all tourist attractions. Too bad the exterior of the building does not reflect the luxurious warmth of the interior! The room was very big and included great amenities (slippers, sewing kit, reusable laundry bags, Keurig coffee machine with assorted teas and coffees, bath robes, and more!) Turn down/pillow-service was great too with complimentary bottles of water. The room was very spacious and clean. Housekeeping also was very nice...always giving you more than what you request!

Cons - It rained/snowed/hailed the Saturday we were there and asked Anna at the front desk if we can borrow an umbrella. She said they were out of umbrellas after I replied ''room'' to her asking me if we are staying in a room or suite...that kind of peeved me but did not mask the other great things mentioned above. My stay also included a late check-out but the keycard stopped working earlier and we had to go back down to reinstate the keycard; thought this should've been automatically set without having to go back to the lobby to fix this. Also, my stay included a 'Chocolate Afternoon Delight' but my boyfriend is a diabetic so I asked if they can accommodate him by placing half the sweets/chocolates with some sugar-free treats. Instead a fruit platter was brought up.

Overall, it was a good hotel besides some hiccups.

Dear travelerr90,

Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your experience at Sofitel Philadelphia. I am very glad that you enjoyed several aspects of our hotel such as our warm and luxurious interior and that our great amenities provided you with a comfortable stay. We are located in Philadelphia’s old Stock Exchange building which gives our exterior more of a unique, clean cut character than a traditional hotel façade.
All of our guests’ experiences are important to us and your feedback is very valuable in assisting us with continuously making improvements to our services. We pride ourselves on providing memorable service to all our guests and are eager for an opportunity to provide perfect service for your next stay with us.

Vincent Vienne

Been to Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel? Share your experiences!