My husband and I decided to use the rewards points on our credit card and decided to use them to stay at the Sofitel Hotel for New Years Eve since prices can get a bit ridiculous for hotels that night. I'm just going to list the reason's why I give the hotel a rating of 4 out of 5.
Quick check in
Very Posh and updated decor in the rooms and through out the hotel
* King Size Bed
* Huge Bath with a separate shower/bathtub
* Flat Screen TV
* Decent size closet with all amenities
Clean Clean Clean
The most comfortable bed out of many hotels we have stayed in (that's saying a lot for us)
Easy Check Out
Classy bar/cafe on the main floor (this is were we actually had the most fun on NYE)
Parking/Valet is questionable and tedious
The hotel is in the city which makes it understandable about needing valet, but the protocol of when arriving at the hotel and departing gets a little complicated. The reason its complicated is because the entrance has very limited space when pulling your car up and taking out luggage before the "drive way" gets congested by other guests pulling in. My husband and I had to wait at least 20 mins for our car to arrive after we checked out.
But mentioning that is being pretty picky since the staff really do try their best to get things done and organized for the guests. So it wasn't that much of a big deal.
The hotel was able to get us cab service very quickly to take us to the Spirit of Philadelphia. We were able to have the same driver pick us up and take us back to the hotel which was much needed since getting a cab in Philly after 12am on NYE was like having the only working car in War of the Worlds.
Once we arrived back at the hotel we continued our night dancing and having a blast in the bar area.
At the end we enjoyed our stay and had a great New Years Eve night thanks to the Sofitel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sofitel Philadelphia hotel blends French elegance with American style, providing a refined environment for upscale business and leisure travel. Experience this sophisticated downtown Philadelphia hotel, which serves as the cornerstone of the new French Quarter, steps from Rittenhouse Square. Offering the height of contemporary comfort and convenience, this downtown Philadelphia Pennsylvania hotel provides the ideal setting, just minutes from the convention center and historical attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Philadelphia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Philadelphia
- Accor Philadelphia Hotel
- Philadelphia Sofitel
- Sofitel Hotel