“Beautiful hotel in the center of Philly” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Two Nights in the City
Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
New York City, New York
“Beautiful hotel in the center of Philly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. Because we had our wedding at the hotel, we received a complimentary suite for one night. The suite was luxurious, and everyone at the hotel was extremely friendly. I have nothing bad to say about the Ritz.

The lobby is beautiful and the bar serves up fun drinks.

Parking is expensive, but you can find parking lots right behind the hotel for a lot cheaper.

The location is also great for exploring the Rittenhouse Sq area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
bryn mawr, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

Stayed for just 1 night while on business. Valet service was expedient and friendly. Upon check-in was told that I would have a high-floored room with a shower, no bath. I requested another room with a bath and in the space of about 5 keystrokes I was placed in a lovely, spacious room with a tub and a shower.
Everyone I dealt with was incredibly friendly AND helpful. Big room, nice bed, plenty of pillow options. Bed was a touch too soft for my aching bones, I like a little firmness, but that is a minor point.
All in all, a terrific night, wished I could have stayed a little longer.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I'll make it brief, the room was dirty and surprisingly dusty. I called the desk and spoke to the Office Manager. She tried to comp my room for me. I only wanted a clean room. A housekeeping manager ,,Mr. Dixon, arrived and I asked to have the room serviced. He waited until I was in the fitness center and had the room completed. When I returned the room was completed. Mr. Dixon followed up with a return visit with a few Diet Cokes. That was a nice touch. I was a little confused about the Front Desk. They seemed rushed and had no time for me. Not rude just bothered. Kudos to the rapid response of the housekeeping manager. The room service was good, not great. I'll stay at The Four Seasons or The Sofitel next trip to the city of Brotherly Love!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Campinas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

I am not used to stay at hotels of so high rank, so my impression might have been biased. I've never had such a experience as in Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia. Everybody called me by name, and often, they even added my title. All staff was friendly and profesional. At first I was a little self-conscious about asking about additional fees, and the price of optional services, but I was always answered clearly and in a non-judgemental way.

The room was very comfortable and always pristinely clean and arranged. The beds were very comfortable. My colleague and I had a hard time with the dry air on the first night, but a call to front desk was all we had to do before a high-quality humidifier was brought to us.

The six elevators are a hidden comfort. People seldom think of the number of elevators as an item of comfort in a hotel --- I have noticed we had never waited for more than 5 seconds for an elevator at Ritz-Carlton.

Internet is charged extra, but you can renew your complimentary lobby internet every 24 hours, and it will work also in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

I stayed at this location for a work conference, and have nothing but good things to say about the hotel and staff. We arrived early and the room we had asked for was not ready. The front desk clerk apologized and upgraded us to a nice corner room overlooking the historic city hall. Every staff member we met and spoke to were friendly and helpful. The location in the city center was close to many restaurants and historical sites. The museum area was about a mile away and we walked it with ease.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the hotel provides turn down service each night. There is a charge for Internet ($9.99 for a 24 hour period) and worked very well. The gym was a little small, but the do offer the use of an off site workout area if needed. The floor we were on (11th) did pick up a little street noise, but wasn't too bad.

I would recommend this hotel when in Philadelphia.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

Everything was fantastic - room, staff (there was a lot of them), ambience, decor.. can't say enough about how great this hotel was. two comments - 1) price for breakfast was a lot ($75 for two which was essentially a sausage muffin, coffee and OJ each) and 2) a few wrong turns and blocks away and you're not in a good part of town.
I realize this is the RITZ and the breakfast cost was to be expected.. but you are only a few blocks away from the famous "Market" so I would suggest eating there instead - much more economical and way tastier.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

The Ritz Carlton is a fine hotel centrally located next to the City Hall complex. The hotel lobby was originally a bank and is located within an enormous marble rotunda surrounded by magnificent pillars. A bar with overhead large screen TVs is located along the far wall and the center of the lobby has been converted into a lounge. The 10Arts by Eric Ripert dining venue is located in s screened area adjacent to the lobby. The hotel common areas are most impressive and abuzz with activity.

Service is the hotel’s hallmark. The staff is competent and very pleasant. Check-in is concluded with a complimentary glass of champagne. The concierge was particularly helpful and resourceful in securing our last-minute dinner reservation on a night when the center city was particularly full of tourists and activity.

The rooms are located in an adjacent tower. We were upgraded to a mini-suite located on a corner of the building. It was tastefully appointed and outfitted with quality furnishings. The bathroom and a short hallway separated the bedroom and sitting area. Both rooms were outfitted with large flat panel TVs. The tiled bathroom, while quite compact, had a separate walk-in shower and bath tub. The linens were of good quality.

Breakfast service at 10Arts was exemplary and the food preparation first-rate. The only cautionary note for this hotel is a high floor should be requested. Our room was located on the tenth floor and we experienced a considerable amount of street noise throughout the night.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple