Don't get me wrong, the Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia is a lovely hotel, but does not quite make it to regular Ritz standards in some respects. Let's start with what's great...as you enter you can't help but be impressed with the expansive lobby...lovely. I have stayed here 3 times in the past 2 months and check in has been very inconsistent. My first time it was everything you would expect from a Ritz...extremely professional and polished...I didn't even notice the headsets they were wearing to communicate to some "Oz-like" master doling out the particular hotel rooms. The second time, not so smooth. I guess Oz was off his/ her game that day b/ c when I arrived at my room I was surprised to find housekeeping still cleaning it. Not the end of the world, but when I trudged back downstairs, I would have expected a little more concern for the error and inconvenience to me. I simply was given another room and off I went. Rooms are also inconsistent, first time was lovely, very nice updates. Second and third time, was a bit disappointed...furniture looked a bit old and carpet needed a refresher. Had lunch in the restaurant which was nice, and while the server was very attentive at first, he seemed to lose interest mid-way through and had to be tracked down a number of times ( note: it was not busy). A gold star to Bill, who runs the shoe-shine stand there....excellent service! So, while this is a lovely hotel in a great location, it is a Ritz after all and with that come high expectations, hence only 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk in the footsteps of America’s forefathers and become a part of history. Stay in one of America’s most venerable cities at one of the finest hotels in downtown Philadelphia and absorb the character of landmark buildings as you spend your day exploring Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and other cultural treasures. Making its mark in a spectacular historic building, the luxury Philadelphia hotel’s location offers easy access to fine dining, upscale shopping, and Philadelphia’s business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Philadelphia