The Ritz is expensive, no doubt about it. I was there leading a conference in September. One morning I stepped out to see if the conference trolley was waiting. A staff member (Tall male, dark hair, good-looking) asked if I was with the conference; then added that if I was with the conference the trolley will be here soon. So I said I will go buy a bagel & be right back. Both bagel places next to the hotel were sold out, so I bought a croissant. I encountered the same staff member on my way in & lamented that I could not find a bagel. 5 minutes later he asks me how I woud like my bagel cooked - no charge. Now that's service.
Pros - perfect location (next to city hall), offered champagne when we checked in (kids got apple cider). Room was a nice size for a city hotel, with 2 double beds. Bathroom was beautiful with a shower & tub. The only problem, as with all hotels, you can hear people in the halls. Great restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast was very tasty (salmon benedict), but very expensive. Hotel lobby is stunning & the open bar/lounge area is a great place to meet people. Staff are super friendly.
Cons - price. Not sure we could afford to stay here if it were not for the conference. If you want to indulge a little, then its a great hotel. Parking is valet (expensive) & not near the hotel.
Overall - great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walk in the footsteps of America’s forefathers and become a part of history. Stay in one of America’s most venerable cities at one of the finest hotels in downtown Philadelphia and absorb the character of landmark buildings as you spend your day exploring Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and other cultural treasures. Making its mark in a spectacular historic building, the luxury Philadelphia hotel’s location offers easy access to fine dining, upscale shopping, and Philadelphia’s business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia Hotel Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Philadelphia