The Windsor Suites met our needs for our two night stay. Our room was clean and well equipped. The kitchen was well stocked for anyone that might actually need it. We just used the coffee maker & fridge. Our room had a huge walk-in closet. A person could actually sleep in there. Plus there was also a large coat closet by the front door. Storage was definitely not a problem!
The bed and pillows were comfortable. The room was on the warm side. Although it was cold outside, the room never got cool enough at night to sleep comfortably. The windows do open, but that was not an option at night. Now, the walls are pretty thin. So quiet is very dependent on your neighbors. We lucked out for the most part. But our neighbor was definitely an early riser and had lengthy early morning conversations.
The staff at the Windsor Suites was friendly & helpful. There is a restaurant on property but we did not get a chance to try it. The elevators are tiny and tend to be a bit slow. Not a big deal for us, but it was a challenge to take a fully loaded luggage cart to our room. WiFi worked fine during our stay.
The location is great. You are within walking distance the Reading Market and the Independence Hall area attractions. You are also a block away from the Four Seasons. This is worth mentioning because Big Bus Tours has a stop there. So if you are using the Big Bus you have a very close stop.
You do not need a car. Period. Unfortunately, we did have a car. Which brings me to my one major gripe. Parking & Fees. The hotel charges $33 which is bad enough. But then they add tax. So parking for 2 days (actually 1 1/2 days) ended up costing us just shy of $80. We arrived close to midnight the 1st night and you have to be out by 6PM on your check-out day. So not really 24 hour days. Plus, it's not self parking. So if you need anything from your car, they need to bring the car out to you. And of course, a tip is expected.
All in all, we had a nice stay and would consider staying here again in the future. Without a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Suites is an all suite downtown Philadelphia hotel, offering spacious studio and one bedroom suites. All suites feature fully equipped kitchens, and select units offer balconies overlooking the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Our seasonal rooftop swimming pool allows you to swim high above the hustle and bustle of the city, and our rooftop deck provides a panoramic view of the Philadelphia skyline.Our location in the middle of the city makes getting around very easy, with iconic Philadelphia landmarks and attractions no more than a few minutes walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia