“Overnight Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Windsor Suites

You added The Windsor Suites to your Saves list
The Windsor Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Hotel Windsor) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast Value
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Brooklyn, New York
“Overnight Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

An absolute bang for my buck! A very accommodating and cordial hotel staff. Asia from the front desk was loads of help during check in. The room layout is spacious, neat, and pleasant. The location is impeccable! I will return. Thank you Windsor Suites!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Director of Sales at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi NA N,
Thank you for your great comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us!
Warm regards.
Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Winfield, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were down for 5 days and were there last year too. I was so pleased by the way the staff treated me. We were given an upgrade by Zarena at the front desk which was wonderful. Everyone was so good to us. I will be staying at your hotel the next time. That nice room made us feel so at home and comfortable.

Room Tip: I loved our room 908 to the front of hotel.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Director of Sales at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hi Pat B,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on your recent visit. We are always pleased when our guests share with the TripAdvisor community their experiences, particularly about our guest service, as we have a phenomenal team whose goal is to ensure that our guests are happy and satisfied.
Thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Geelong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for two nights at the start of January. The room is a great size with a complete kitchenette. Rooms and bathroom are a little outdated. When we checked in we were told our room was not available but we would be upgraded but had to pay $25. I told the check in lady I'm not paying extra then somehow she said our room type was available. I also used my card for the security deposit which I still have not got back in my account. I have emailed the hotel twice now and have still not received any sort of response from them about it. It's been two weeks now since we've checked out it shouldn't take this long and a reply to my email would be nice. A positive was that you can use the laundry facilities to wash and dry your clothes for $2 each cycle. This was handy for my partner and I. I'm not sure I would return here. I would look at other options first if I was to come back to Philadelphia.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachaelmd13,
Thank you for review of your recent stay with us. We do apologize that your stay did not go as planned, but we have taken note of your comments so that we can improve in these areas.
When a guest arrives earlier than our stated check-in time, we are always happy to check you in as long as the room type you have booked is clean and available. If not, we may offer you the option to upgrade to a higher room type is there is one available. During that time, our housekeeping department is cleaning, inspecting and turning over rooms to the Front Desk, which may have occurred during the process of your check in.
I do apologize that you did not receive a response to your query about your deposit. I have reached out to you privately for additional information so that I can have this looked into for you. The length of time it takes to release a hold on your account is typically dependent on your bank, but if this is still an issue, please respond to that email so that we can resolve as soon as possible.
I hope that in spite of these concerns, you were able to enjoy your visit to Philadelphia. I also hope that you will consider us again in the future.
Thank you for choosing us.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. It is located so centrally and everything in Philadelphia is walkable within minutes. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready. We were told t come back in a couple of hours and given a map of the area. The receptionist was so helpful she told us all her favourite places and some bars we could pass the time in. We. Walked about and had a few drinks and when we came back our room was ready. We were upgraded to a one bed suite with a view of the entire city. There was a cake and a congratulations card in the room. It was amazing. So big, clean and we'll furnished.
Would highly recommend for anyone.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bgy4hlr,
Congratulations on your recent marriage! We are honored that you chose us for your honeymoon, and that you were pleased with your experience. We are happy to have been included in your happy occasion.
Thank you for staying with us. Please come back to stay with us again soon.
Kind regards,
Jacqueline Jules
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Clean, large rooms. Super comfortable beds. Quiet (except for some construction going on downstairs that we heard a few times- I imagine they're beginning a renovation on the lobby, as the lobby is a bit run-down, and does not match the style and caliber of the rooms- we were pleasantly surprised upon entering our room)! Love the kitchenette and all the space in the room. The closets are convenient. Small bathroom, but it's just a bathroom. 10th floor, room 1009 had a decent view of the city.
We made our room reservation about 20 minutes before we arrived, so even though our room was near the elevators, it was quiet. AND we appreciated having an early check-in!! Very nice and accommodating front desk staff.
Location is excellent. Right near Love Park and the historic City Hall Building. Also walking distance to lots of shopping & dining in Rittenhouse Square. Their valet parking is $33 for the day ($39 with taxes) but you can park for 24 hours, and take & bring your car back whenever you want in those 24 hours for that one rate. The garage down the street was $32 for 1 hour!
We will be back.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear travelerjones,
Thank you for a comprehensive review of your recent stay. We love when our guests are able to take advantage of our features and amenities - the size of our suites, closets, fully equipped kitchens and location. Our garage allows you complimentary in/out, and the opportunity to keep your car in up until 6pm on the day of check-out even after you have checked out, all for one of the lowest rates in the area. Thank you also for mentioning the service you received from our Front Desk. We have a great team that is genuinely interested in ensuring that our guests are happy and comfortable.
Thank you for choosing us. We hope you'll stay with us again soon.
Dir. of Sales and Marketing
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I could not be happier with my stay at this hotel! From the moment I pulled in to the parking deck, I was met with courteous, helpful staff. I stayed in the city for the weekend while my grad classes were meeting, and I needed to get to Drexel University. The valet showed me a free shuttle to the university and personally walked me to the bus stop. My room was fantastic: Full kitchen (dish washer, oven, counter and bar stools), walk-in closet, and awesome view!! The bed was extremely comfortable; the toiletries were from Bath & Body Works, and the Keurig was fully stocked. I just loved all of the Ben Franklin Quotes on the elevator doors, too. Perfect Stay!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Director of Sales at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ShutterBugg84,
Thank you for your beautiful comments. We are pleased that you were happy with your recent stay, and you had the opportunity to experience the kind of service that we strive to deliver every day. Best wishes with your graduate program, and we hope you will stay with us again soon.
Thank you for choosing us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a leak in the kitchen area. The picture of the room did not look like the actual room. They did not change the sheets on the bed everyday which was requested from the beginning of check in. As for the trip to Philadelphia,it was excellent. The tour bus was outstanding. I lived in Philly for 11 years and never knew about the stuff in Philly until I took the bus tour.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear William C S,
Thank you for sharing your comments. We do apologize that your experience here did not live up to expectations. We try to fix all issues as soon as we are aware of them, as was the case with the leak you reported. We are also correcting the issue you had with your requests not being granted.
All our rooms are not alike- there are several layouts and configurations, so it is difficult to post images of each room. We instead select one layout that shows what's included in each room- the space, kitchen, the furnishings etc. We hope that these concerns did not ruin you stay in Philadelphia, and that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.
Kind regards
Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to The Windsor Suites? Share your experiences!