“Large and central” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Windsor Suites

You added The Windsor Suites to your Saves list
The Windsor Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Hotel Windsor) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
2015 Flower Show
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
“Large and central”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

The Room was huge and very comfortable although it was a little bit dated. It had a Good view over Philadelphia.
It also had a Good location within walking distance of all the attractions. Good amenities, clean, friendly staff, comfortable bed. Had an Irish bar within the hotel which was good and reasonably priced. Overall nice - would stay there again. Not too expensive- everything works well in the hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear Tab C,

Thank you for sharing your recent hotel experience! We’re glad you were able to fully utilize our spacious suites and amenities and take advantage of our great location. Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Windsor on your next trip to Philly!

Many thanks,
The Windsor Suites Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I have recently returned home from a month long trip to Philadelphia with a very young baby. We stayed at the Windsor Suites which is really well located and well equipped for families. However, the real bonus was the incredible help that we received from the Staff – from Front Desk to Housekeeping. In particular Zarena at the Front Desk who couldn’t have been more helpful or generous with her time. Her daily kind assistance to us was hugely appreciated – we wish we could have taken her home with us!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dublin D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Windsor Suites and for your kind words! We’re so glad to hear that our team, especially Zarena, made you feel warm and welcome in your home away from home. We hope all is well with your family and would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Philadelphia.

Many thanks,
The Windsor Suites Team
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We loved our stay at the Windsor Suites. The kitchen was well stocked with the right utensils, everything worked well. The two closets were great for storage. The room was clean, and functioned very well. We also used the rooftop pool. It was cold but had a nice view. When we checked in the saw that we were with our two year old and said do you mind changing rooms to what you originally wanted. The room is going to be on a noisy floor. It was very thoughtful of them to think of that ahead.

I would stay there again, and would recommend the hotel to everyone I know.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you so much 101Katie, for sharing your experience with us! We are pleased we were able to make your stay comfortable for you and your family. Thank you also for recommending us. That means the world to us. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Warmest regards,
pembroke Pines, Fl.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I were there for a week for a convention. Great location, close to convention center. But on my last night I find on the box spring mattress a pepper spray and something that looks like a phone. I got really disturb, did the hotel housekeeping change the sheets??? It wasn't under the bed but on the box spring. I immediately went down stairs and was told to return in the morning. The assistant manager was very nice about it, but I'm not happy with the response I received after a week. Supposedly there was an investigation done and it was inconclusive. I was given a $100 discount on my last night. After a week I could have a free night. I obviously declined, like I would really want to stay there again. How can housekeeping miss it, if they had properly taken care of the cleanses of the hotel suite.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear miret65,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at The Windsor Suites. We do apologize for the unfortunate incident that marred your stay here with us. We have reviewed our housekeeping practices, and can assure you that our rooms are thoroughly cleaned by our housekeeping staff. It is always our wish to have our guests leave happy, but despite our offers that we think are reasonable, unfortunately it seems we were unable to please you. We deeply regret that.
Thank you for staying with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My experience of the hotel generally was favourable, and would have been better if my stay had been shorter. Why? I had intended to pay in cash, and had exchanged money to pay for large bills such as this. However, after a few days there was a bill under the door to say that the interim charges had been taken off my credit card, which I had assumed was simply a guarantee. When I went to reception and asked to speak to the manager, he was both unpleasant and unsympathetic: "this is hotel policy". When I said that with an attitude like that I'd give a poor review on TripAdvisor, the reply was, "We don't take threats lightly." Is a poor review a threat? Needless to say, when I asked if I could get a late checkout, this was declined.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear STUART G,
Thank you for sharing your review of your stay. We do apologize if there was a misunderstanding with your payment method. You did authorize us to use your card for payment at check in, at which time we secured authorization from your credit card company for the full amount. There is a time limit for this authorization before it expires, and we did charge your card at that time. When you queried this, we offered to reverse the charges and accept the cash, but you refused. At that time, it was already past our checkout time for that day, and we were unable to extend checkout for you any further, as we were sold out. While we understand your frustration and we are sure it was not your intent, your mention of writing a bad review on Tripadvisor, despite indicating that your stay had gone well, was interpreted as a threat because we were unable to accommodate you. We do apologize again that you were inconvenienced, and we thank you for staying with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed at The Windsor Suites two weeks ago. Everyone there was extremely nice and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. My son especially liked the pool on the roof. We booked through a special package and received free parking. The location was a few blocks from The Franklin Institute and close to the Double Decker Tour busses. We would definitely stay there on our next trip to Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments, Suzanne C. We are happy you and your family were pleased, and we can't wait to welcome you back.
Thank you for staying with us.
Warm regards,
St. Kitts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed had to stay in Philly twice in the past two months while our daughter had surgery and then therapy at an area hospital. We booked with the Windsor Suites because of the location and the amenities which were suited to a longer stay with kitchen facilities. My initial conversation with Angela proved most helpful as she helped me book and plan both stays. The first time we had a room with two beds, kitchen, etc as that was for just 3 nights. The second time we had a king bedroom suite with ample space. The room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. We found the staff to be very accommodating and helpful. The location was spot on with its idea location in City Center right between Logan Park and Love Park and walking distance to many great attractions.

The onsite parking garage was always busy but made it easy to come and go and the employees were always polite. Con Murphays one on the on site restaurants was great if you wanted room service. However, we did a lot of cooking in the room and the kitchen was equipped with the basics to make cooking fairly easy.

Having WiFi in room was great and allowed me to continue working.

I hope to be able to go back some day and spend so more time at this wonderful hotel! I'd highly recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: The higher up the floor the better the views of Logan Park, Love Park and City Hall.