“Good Value for the money !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Windsor Suites

You added The Windsor Suites to your Saves list
The Windsor Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Hotel Windsor) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 10%!
Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good Value for the money !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

A nice place. centrallly located and near museums and resturants. Very cosy and laundry room on many floor. Just like an apartment. Huge rooms. Order in or eat out!!! Cook your favorite meal etc.Thsi place is simply a good home away from home. I loved it.

Room Tip: Berrer than competitive hotels in the same class and location.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear willcanhelpu,
Thank you for recognizing The Windsor Suites as your home away from home. We are always happy when our guests are able to take advantage of all our amenities - apartment style accommodations with full kitchens, guest laundry, and our location that's so convenient to explore the city. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you'll come again soon.
Best regards,
The Windsor Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel... Staff was very pleasant and rooms were equipped with more than enough to accommodate your needs. Small kitchenette and Kuerig were great to have. Great restaurants and shops are close by.

• Stayed March 2014
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear JV1177,
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay here at The Windsor Suites. We are happy you were pleased with your stay, and we hope to see you again soon.
Thank you for choosing us.
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Bad experience. ..2 night stay with wife and 8 yr old daughter. 1st night, a fight in excessively small lobby. Police came and had a hard time getting control. Scared my daughter all night. 2nd night partying people up rowdy all night. 2 am- 5 am getting no sleep. Unsympathetic and arrogant managers gave the same answer. ...we evict all guests after the 2nd complaint (that's it). I paid good money to get a good night's sleep, it never happened. They could at least offerred a complimentary stay to redeem themselves if my stay was, in fact, uncharacteristic. Not to mention that valet parking is the only option unless you park off the premises. I will be writing a letter to tell the my disappointment and will never stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear lamont N,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, things do not go as planned, and for that we do apologize.
Subsequent to your review, we reached out to you, and we are appreciative of the opportunity you gave us to satisfactorily resolve the issues you experienced.
Again, we do apologize, and we hope you will consider us again.
Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I came with my boyfriend for a one night stay to celebrate my birthday. The staff was very friendly. I'm terrible at names but the young woman and man that were at the front desk at 1pm this past Tuesday (2/25/14) afternoon were wonderful. I was two hours early but they let me check in anyway. They were aware that it was my birthday and gave me a room upgrade. They also let me have a late check-out. After I settled in I got a knock on my door. It was the same woman from the desk. She handed me a large, sprinkled cupcake with a candle in it as well as a card signed by their staff to wish me a happy birthday! How sweet is that?!
As for the room itself. It was very spacious and clean. They even had a walk-in closet! The bathroom products were from The Body Shop. That is way better then what you normally get at hotels. The kitchen was modern and well-kept. Although we didn't use the kitchen because we were there only one night and ate out. We didn't have a balcony room but our view was still good with sights of the city.
I don't know if the car garage staff extends to the hotel but they were very pleasant as well. Even after check-out you can keep your car there until 6 pm. That was great because even after I checked out I still wanted to hang in the city and check out a museum. It worked out perfectly.
The location is also great. It's with-in walking distance to all the museums and plenty of great restaurants. As for the price, I think we got a good deal because it's the dead of winter. Paid around $130 with taxes and all.
I highly recommend The Windsor Suites in Philly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Julya25,
Thank you for this very thorough, and wonderful review of your recent stay with us, as well as recommending us to the TripAdvisor community. Our goal is to always have our guests leave happy, and it seems that you did. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Thank you for choosing us.
The Windsor Suites

PS. We hope you had a wonderful birthday!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel has no lobby to speak if but is well located, clean and new-feeling. The rooms were spacious and well equipped. The bed was comfortable and everything worked well with the exception of the bathroom fan.I booked two rooms- one for myself and the other for four sixteen year old girls. The reservations person told me that they don't have adjoining rooms but that they could be close to each other. When we got there the guy at the counter said that they were unexpectedly full and the best he could do was 7 floors away from each other. He offered no solution.
The other problem was the parking garage- we had to wait 20-30 minutes for our car each time, even with calling ahead. The garage is under construction and the workers were working very hard but the cars were all piled up.

• Stayed February 2014
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Jennifer H,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies that your stay did not go as planned, and we were unable to accommodate your requests. Unfortunately, though we do try our hardest, sometimes things do happen that prevent us from keeping our promises. In your case, the rooms we had earmarked for your party had guests who extended their stay at the last minute, and because we were fully occupied, we were unable to find you two rooms on the same floor. Again, we do apologize, and understand how upsetting this must have been for you.
Thank you for choosing us, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I just wanted to say that everyone at the hotel was very nice to me. From my arrival to my leaving the hotel, everyone was really nice and helped me with everything i need. I have to go back to Philly a few more times this year for business and I would be more than happy to stay there again. Nice room. Nice bed. Close to my office. Would recommend for anyone staying in Philly. Thank you to the staff for taking care of me!!

Room Tip: Not sure I can help here. I had a view of the street out front.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear njimic,
Thank you for staying with us recently, as well as your kind comments which we have shared with our staff. We are especially thrilled when our guests take the time to highlight the service they receive here at The Windsor Suites. It is our pleasure to ensure that our guests leave happy. We look forward to taking care of you on your next visit.
Thank you for choosing us!
San Diego Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We arrived Philadelphia by Amtrak and took a cab to Windsor, Cost was about $7.00 for two.We received our room, dropped our bags, and headed back downstairs to the pub. Terrific selection of beers and ales on tap, and surprisingly, were moderately priced for a city location. We ordered a burger and asked to split it - pleased that we were served with separate plates, burger was halved and french fries split, too! Room key gives you 15% off the food portion, so this was a decent place to get a bite late at night.right in the hotel and not get gouged.
We received an "upgraded" suite with a separate bedroom. It was huge and featured a nice view of the Basilica. Kitchen facilities including stove, microwave, refrigerator, plates, utensils were present, and while we did not utilize them, a longer stay would find these features very handy.
King bed was very comfortable, unlike so many hotels who have mediocre beds,
Safe did not work.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Bobblevins,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us. We are pleased you had a great stay, and enjoyed the restaurant as well as our amenities and location. Please do accept our apologies for the issue with the safe. Our team is always ready to fix any issues reported by our guests, as your comfort is our primary goal.
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
The Windsor Suites

Been to The Windsor Suites? Share your experiences!