“Satisfied for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Windsor Suites

You added The Windsor Suites to your Saves list
The Windsor Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Hotel Windsor) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #23 of 83 Hotels in Philadelphia
Chicago, Illinois
“Satisfied for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Windsor Suites worked out great for our travel needs. We were traveling with two small children, so the large suite-style room was really great. The kitchenette was well-equipped, and there were three walk-in closets, all of which could easily hold a crib or pack 'n play. The room was clean and nicely furnished. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful.
My only real complaint is that the bathroom was tiny and lacked ventilation, so it got super steamy after anyone showered.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Bebop123,
Our suites are just perfect for families, and we are happy you experienced this firsthand. We are sorry that our bathrooms disappointed you, but we value your comments as they help us dig deeper for solutions to improving our guests' experiences.
Thank you for staying with us. We'd love to have you again, so please let us assist you in planning your next visit to Philadelphia.
Kind regards,
The Windsor Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel on a king room. We had a really nice view into the city.

Hotel is located very close to the love park and also lots do shopping and downtown restaurants. There 2 restaurants downstairs in the hotel a chance place and a bar/grill kinda place. Was convenient if you wanted a beer and was too lazy to walk around town.

Also close to the train stations if you wanted to venture out. The check in time was kinda late like 3pm no biggy but seemed a later than usual.

Otherwise great room and it was comfortable and clean. So much space too!

Stayed September 2013
Dear Bernicakes,
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. We appreciate it anytime our guests take the time out to let us know how we're doing, and it seems that you were pleased with your stay. Our check-in time of 3pm is standard for most hotels, as it allows our housekeepers enough time to prepare our rooms for arrivals. Please know that as long as the type of room you've reserved is ready, we will be happy to check you in before 3pm.
We hope you'll stay with us again.
Thank you for choosing us, and for your feedback.
Best regards,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice big room that comes with a kitchen, a great bed, nice view and clean. It was reasonably priced and close to most of the museums. Just a nice place to stay. The location was nice especially if you are going to the museums.

Room Tip: Ask to be not placed by the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hi Mary,
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing us, and we hope to see you again soon.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my second stay at the Windsor Suites in Philadelphia. First one was a business trip with a stay of close to 3 months way back in 2005. As I was a returning guest, the hotel offered a discount for my second trip with my mother and my best friend. We were suggested the 1 bed apartment which were to accomodate the three of us comfortably. We landed in Philadelpdia around 8pm and all we wanted to do was to rest well after the 17 hr flight. And the hotel beds did deliver. Since I was here before, a quick check-in and warm reception was on top of my list and we were satisfied about this aspect too. We were quite pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. The kitchen was well equipped and the wifi connection was strong too. Although bathroom are well kept and spotless, its layout and design is old compared to the decor of the rest of the apartment. Other than that overall feel of the apartment was very cosy and warm. We did not have car so can not comment on the parking facility.

The Irish pub offered good American sized breakfast which gave a good start to our the day. The hotel offered easy access to the bus and rail routes in Philly and the major attractions were at a walking distance.

Thanks to Jessica from the Sales team and entire front desk staff for making our 2 day stay at Philadelphia very comfortable.

Room Tip: You have a choice between 1 bed apartments that face the Ben Franklin Parkway and the studio apartme...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear BhaktiGirkar,
We are so thrilled that you chose to stay with us again, and that we were able to help you create pleasant memories of your visit with your mother and best friend. Our one bedroom suites do offer the most incredible space with an average of 875 sq ft, and our pillow-top mattresses have been a favorite with our guests.
Thank you for recognizing our staff for helping to make your stay comfortable. We are always happy to share comments like these with them.
BhaktiGirkar, thank you again for choosing to stay with us. We hope you'll come again soon.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Windsor Suites while in Philly for a business trip. It was very reasonably priced and centrally located. The room was nice with a full kitchen. It had thoughtful amenities for the business traveler. I was able to print a few pages in the business center for free. I like that each room had a Keurig coffee maker. My only complaint was that in the morning I could hear the water going for the shower in the room upstairs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Patricia M,
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us recently. We appreciate that you chose us, and you also chose to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is very centrally located in Philadelphia. I had a studio that was big enough and comfortable. Price was reasonable. As negative points, the wifi was not strong enough inside the room. There are no many areas in the lobby to sit down and talk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alberto163,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for your review. Please accept our apologies if our wi-fi did not meet your needs. We welcome feedback so that we will know where to make improvements, and we have passed your comment on to our wi-fi services provider. We are happy that the rest of your stay was comfortable, and hope to see you again soon.
Best regards,
binghamton new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for a half marathon I was running in Philly. I got the reservation from a third party site that supposedly included free parking. When I mentioned this I was told that they do not offer the free parking and that the third party sites are not supposed to offer it either. I was fine with that explanation and moved on. Shortly after I got to the room I got a call from the front desk and they told me that they would still honor the free parking ($40) so I was really happy about that. Unfortunately when I left I was indeed billed for the parking, I would rather then not to have called me at all then offer it for free then not give it to me for free....

The room was nice and clean and fairly large. I got a studio that had a kitchen which was nice. The room smelled good, we got a room in the back and the view was crap but it didn't matter much to me. If you want a good view ask for a room in the front.

The hotel was quiet at night and the staff was really nice all around. The location is great if you are going to sightsee as it's close to a lot of things. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheWindsorMgtTeam, Manager at The Windsor Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Dolphan13,
Thank you for staying with us recently. We are happy you found our location ideal for the recent Rock ‘n’ Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon, and our hotel comfortable.
We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your parking charges. This was an oversight on our part, but we are pleased to note that we have since been in touch and this has been fully resolved to your satisfaction. Again, we apologize for this and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to correct our error.
Dolphan13, thank you again for being our guest. We look forward to having you for the next half marathon.
The Windsor Suites

Been to The Windsor Suites? Share your experiences!