I've stayed at the Windsor a bunch of times while in Philadelphia and I REALLY like it.
There are really large rooms with full kitchens, which makes it perfect for families traveling on a budget. I regularly run up to the markets in the ComCast Center or to the Whole Foods that is about 6 blocks away to stock up on food that I then eat back in the room, saving us from having to eat out all the time.
It's also just a few short blocks away from neat sites like the Reading Terminal Market and the old Capital building -- making it a good spot for tourists, too.
This visit was disappointing to me, though.
The bathtub in my room wasn't draining well -- like 65 minutes or more just to get one tub's worth of water to drain -- and we found a cockroach in the bathroom.
Also, the front desk staff that is on duty at night don't have the ability to negotiate reduced rates when those kinds of things happen and the hotel is sold out. That meant I was forced to wait around in the morning of our departure until the manager showed up so I could talk to him about an adjustment because of the inconvenience.
When I finally got to talk to a manager, he was understanding and apologetic and he provided me with a discount for both nights of my stay that I thought was fair.
But I missed a part of my morning meeting simply because there was no one on site that could make the adjustment until he got there.
So the polish has been rubbed off the Windsor a bit for me. I love the location. I love the size of the room. I thought the rate was fair. The full kitchen saves me money. There's free wifi.
But there were problems this time -- and while the solutions were easy, no one was there to help when I needed it.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- The Windsor Hotel
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Suites is an all suite downtown Philadelphia hotel, offering spacious studio and one bedroom suites. All suites feature fully equipped kitchens, and select units offer balconies overlooking the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Our seasonal rooftop swimming pool allows you to swim high above the hustle and bustle of the city, and our rooftop deck provides a panoramic view of the Philadelphia skyline.Our location in the middle of the city makes getting around very easy, with iconic Philadelphia landmarks and attractions no more than a few minutes walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.