“Nice suprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Windsor Suites

Save Saved
You added The Windsor Suites to your Saves list
The Windsor Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19103 (Formerly Hotel Windsor) (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free parking!
Ranked #23 of 82 hotels in Philadelphia
New York City
“Nice suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was very happy I found this hotel. The price was very reasonable as Philadelphia hotels are generally expensive. The location was ideal as I had planned to see the Barnes Foundation and the Titanic Exhibition at the Franklin Institute.

The people working the recpetion desk were very friendly. I arrived at 11:30am, and they actually had a room ready for me, which was nice. The room was very large with a kitchen that had a microwave and dishwasher. There was a large walk-in closet that had a safe. The bed was fantastic, one of the most comfortable Ive seen in a hotel. Bathroom was nice with bath accessories from Bed, Body, and Bath. Each morning there was a newspaper at my door.

My only quibble, and its a very small one was that wifi wasnt very good, it only worked in the kitchen; but hey it was free so I guess I shouldnt complain.

I'd stay again :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

571 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is in a fantastic location, within walking distance to most attractions and many awesome restaurants. We did the on-off bus tour, but honestly, we probably could have easily walked to all of the places we visited (note: we are walkers, and enjoy being on foot to see the sites!). The hotel staff could not have been more helpful, with providing directions, a map, and wonderful restaurant recommendations. The room was a great size, very clean, comfortable and quiet. And, most importantly, the value for the price could not be beat! We were very impressed with our stay here and would highly recommend it!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel is located right next to Surburban station giving you direct access to the Philly central station and airport. One more block and you can access the trolley station. It is located in the museum district giving you access to the museums within a few blocks. Furthermore a nice 15 min walk and you are at the opera/theater and the nice shopping area. In order to get to the historic area you should use the trolley.
I arrived somewhat tired and sweaty directly from the central station and was greeted with a smile. I got my keycard (which also had to be used to access the elevator). My room was on the 8th floor and it was really nice. It was very spacious with a big walk-in closet with a safe, fully equipped kitchen, and a king size bed. A big 32" flatscreen, desk and a small table and chairs as an eating place. The room was very clean which included the oven, microwave, stove etc. The kitchen had towels, detergent for the dishwasher, big refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was equally big with fresh towels. The view was mostly some other high buildings but it was nice that it did not face the street. The room was in general very quiet although I could here the neighbors somewhat.
The cleaning of the room was in general very fine however each day they seemed to forget to replace something either the towels, glasses, kitchen towels etc. Kind of strange as something was missing each day. However it was not anything that spoiled my stay.
On the same floor there was a washing room with a washing machine and dryer. They worked excellent and was very inexpensive ($2 for the washing machine and $2 for the dryer). The room was again very clean and the machines looked kind of new.
The staff at the front desk was very helpful and answered all my questions with a smile. There is complimentary WIFI in the room which in general did work ok. I did have some problems with the WIFI and contacted the front desk. They tried to help and told me I would be contacted by someone from the company maintaining the WIFI. That never happened so for a couple of days the internet did not work. They do have some computers in the lobby with acces to both the internet and printers.
I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and it was excellent. There is some restaurants in the building which I however did not try. There is also a bar at ground level which is quit nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hicksville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I love the location I love the room. Wifi is definitely slow but I'm on vacation so I don't mind. The Windsor has everything you needed in the kitchen. Excellent views. Parking (you gotta pay but its not unlike any city area) is right downstairs. I will defiantly come back here.

• Stayed November 2012
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stay here almost every time I come to Philadelphia. I really like the price, the central location, and the kitchen! Since I'm usually on business when I'm in Philadelphia, I don't need much, but this hotel gives me a lot for the price. When I do have time to do the museums, it's a short walk to the Franklin Museum of Science, the Philadelphia Art Museum, the Rodin Museum, and the Barnes. It's across the street from the Free Library and Bookstore, a real plus for me, and the shopping center and Rittenhouse Square are just short walks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Camano Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

First the reviews are a bit confusing. This is because there are mulitple ways to get a room here. There are long term apartments, furnished and unfurnished, Rooms by the night and what I did, Extended Stay by Marriott. I was in town for 6 weeks and rented a one bedroom furnished apartment. The building is a bit dated, but you have a large porch (no furniture) with large sliding glass doors to take in the views. The bed was new and the carpet and paint looked new also, the full kitchen was up to date. The furniture such as couch, tables, TV stand looked quite old and the living room furniture wasn't very comfortable, but for the price it was livable. The staff was very nice. The morning sun through the large glass windows would easily overwhelm the AC so I kept the curtains closed in the mornings. A funny thing going on in this large concrete building was the ongoing implementation of new low volume toilets that used some sort of airtank to save water. The first time you flush you almost have a heart attack from the sudden almost explosive sound. I even warned a guest and it still scared them when they flushed!!! As the weeks passed it became apparent that more and more rooms were being retrofitted as in the quiet of the early morning you could hear the faint flushing of toilets around the building, sounding somewhat like depth charges going off in submarine movies, it didn't wake me up, but was just funny to hear!!

If you are doing extended stay you should call the desk and arrange for your own Cable box with DVR and internet access. The hotel has adequate stuff, but the cost per month is way cheaper than I expected and delivered much better bandwidth and channels on your TV.

This was a great location within walking distance of the Philadephia Museum of Art, downtown, City Hall, Love Park and the various trains around the city and to where I was working by the Redding Terminal Market. Car rentals at Hertz downstairs were very cheap for the weekend when I needed to get out of town. Warning, the kitchen is nice, but not many grocery stores in the neighborhood, there is a whole foods about a mile away so take an empty backpack if you are walking!

The workout room is the only real complaint I had about the place, it had a weird assortment of equipment and some of it wasn't working right, and it just had a dingy depressing feel to the place. I guess if you are in Phildelphia and need a workout run down to the Museum and visit around the Rocky Statue!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Windsor Suites? Share your experiences!