The hotel is located right next to Surburban station giving you direct access to the Philly central station and airport. One more block and you can access the trolley station. It is located in the museum district giving you access to the museums within a few blocks. Furthermore a nice 15 min walk and you are at the opera/theater and the nice shopping area. In order to get to the historic area you should use the trolley.
I arrived somewhat tired and sweaty directly from the central station and was greeted with a smile. I got my keycard (which also had to be used to access the elevator). My room was on the 8th floor and it was really nice. It was very spacious with a big walk-in closet with a safe, fully equipped kitchen, and a king size bed. A big 32" flatscreen, desk and a small table and chairs as an eating place. The room was very clean which included the oven, microwave, stove etc. The kitchen had towels, detergent for the dishwasher, big refrigerator and coffee maker. The bathroom was equally big with fresh towels. The view was mostly some other high buildings but it was nice that it did not face the street. The room was in general very quiet although I could here the neighbors somewhat.
The cleaning of the room was in general very fine however each day they seemed to forget to replace something either the towels, glasses, kitchen towels etc. Kind of strange as something was missing each day. However it was not anything that spoiled my stay.
On the same floor there was a washing room with a washing machine and dryer. They worked excellent and was very inexpensive ($2 for the washing machine and $2 for the dryer). The room was again very clean and the machines looked kind of new.
The staff at the front desk was very helpful and answered all my questions with a smile. There is complimentary WIFI in the room which in general did work ok. I did have some problems with the WIFI and contacted the front desk. They tried to help and told me I would be contacted by someone from the company maintaining the WIFI. That never happened so for a couple of days the internet did not work. They do have some computers in the lobby with acces to both the internet and printers.
I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and it was excellent. There is some restaurants in the building which I however did not try. There is also a bar at ground level which is quit nice.
- Also Known As:
- The Windsor Hotel
- The Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Windsor Hotel Philadelphia
- Marriott Execustay Philadelphia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windsor Suites is an all suite downtown Philadelphia hotel, offering spacious studio and one bedroom suites. All suites feature fully equipped kitchens, and select units offer balconies overlooking the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Our seasonal rooftop swimming pool allows you to swim high above the hustle and bustle of the city, and our rooftop deck provides a panoramic view of the Philadelphia skyline.Our location in the middle of the city makes getting around very easy, with iconic Philadelphia landmarks and attractions no more than a few minutes walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your The Windsor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.