We spent 3 nights here as part of our family vacation. We arrived in Philadelphia by train and cabbed it to the hotel. The day we arrived was National Coming Out Day so the roadways around the hotel were closing to prepare for the party.
The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Independence Hall / Liberty Bell and other tourist attractions. We were in town as the Government Shutdown was happening and the front desk staff were super helpful helping us plan alternatives to what we had planned to visit.
Our room was spacious enough for 2 people and well appointed. The bathroom was a decent size, though we did have an issue with the shower drain constantly clogging. We reported it, but it wasn't fixed during out stay.
Breakfast is in a room off the lobby and there is ample selection of bagels, toast and danishes along with cereal and fresh fruit. All is served with tea, juice and coffee. There are not a lot of tables, so it's prudent to be patient or to take your breakfast back to the room with you.
We had a great stay at the Alexander Inn and I would recommend it to other people visiting Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $119. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia