We are on a 7,500 mile road trip and have done 4 others before this. This hotel is pretty much our very favorite of all time! The rooms are very well laid out, the hotel is very close to the historic district, the staff is wonderful, you get discounted parking at a local garage, nice breakfast, comfy beds, hot showers with great pressure, nice toiletries, OK breakfast and served until 10:30 am. The parking is tricky. When I first arrived, I parked a block away and paid a meter until I had checked in. Then I brought the car to the front, turned on my flashers, and unloaded everything, never leaving the car. The kids took the luggage up in trips while I waited by the car. After that, I drove the car to the garage and left it. We've been walking to the sites for three days. As others have noted, this hotel has a great "feel" to it. We really enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $119. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia