The first thing I noticed was the stained glass over the front door. The second thing I noticed was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. While I was waiting to check in, the front desk clerk was giving detailed restaurant and bar recommendations to the couple in front of me. He really cared about what kind of experience they were looking for, and he tailored his suggestions accordingly.
Cool, old-fashioned architectural details and staff friendliness are hallmarks of the Alexander Inn. My family experienced the latter even though our family of four (with young kids) isn't the usual clientele here; we saw only couples and solo travelers at breakfast. Speaking of the morning meal, the food was just fine - hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, pastries and breads, coffee, tea, and juice. Our king room was clean and spacious enough for us, with a nice sitting area in a bay window.
The hotel also occupies a great location in Philly, with lots of dining, drinking, and shopping options just a short walk away. Parking is also a couple of blocks away, right near a Starbucks. All in all, the Alexander Inn is a great choice if you like old-fashioned ambience, appreciate employees who care, and want to be in Center City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $119. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia