Recently stayed at the property and read the reviews. The hotel and rooms remind you of a European hotel. The rooms are slightly smaller. Internet connection was very good. The bathrooms were clean, with large bath towels, a plus. Both the sink and shower drained well. The shower head can present an issue if you are very tall since it is not adjustable. The mattress was slightly firm as a result of not laying on a box spring, but a wooden bed panel. The one drawback is the room's heating/AC system. The A/C unit is above the door, but it is turned off for the winter, so if you prefer a slightly cooler room, below 70 degrees, you will need to crack the window. The price for the room is the best around. Parking is only $15 for 24 hours, which is much cheaper compared to $25-$48 elsewhere, but you cannot take the car out of the parking garage. They do not have a in and out policy. The parking garage is two blocks away, but you are able to park across the hotel and check in your room and take your bags up before parking the car. Breakfast in the morning is a continental breakfast (pastries, bagels, yougurt, juice and coffee). If not for the heating system situation, I would have given it an excellent rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $119. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia