Refugees from Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey, I cannot rave enough about how well the staff accommodated us and catered to our spur-of-the-moment needs. We didn't expect to be in Philadelphia even just 24 hours earlier, but simply headed west to avoid Hurricane Sandy, to somewhere I had stayed before ten years ago while on a book tour (it's just down the block from Giovanni's Room bookstore), and enjoyed another wonderful stay this time around. The rooms were extremely clean, quiet, and well maintained daily by the maid service. Breakfast was quite possibly the best I've ever encountered (and begins at a decent hour and not too early, and goes until 12 on weekends!), and there were snacks available all throughout the day. All the amenities, including cable television, Internet service, and I particularly enjoyed the gym, which, although compact, had absolutely everything one would need. For a boutique hotel, it is incredibly well-stocked, and DEFINITELY reasonably (if not UNDER priced [how often does someone say that?]) for what you get. The Alexander is also located closely to all of the best attractions that Philadelphia has to offer, including Independence Hall and the Constitution Center, and only a bit more of a walk to Betsy Ross House, etc. I was particularly impressed with the new uptick in new restaurants and bars in the area compared to when I visited ten years ago, and all were great. Perhaps the best part of our stay was quite possibly the best front desk staff I've ever encountered. Usually in a hotel you have your favorites, but ALL of the staff, including the hospitable manager, John Cochie, and even Mel the owner said "Hello," at one point. They all sympathized with our escape from Hurricane Sandy, made
recommendations for laundry and dry cleaning service, restaurants, and logistics and what could otherwise potentially been a horrible flight from a flood was turned into a delightful respite from reality...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel with 48 designer rooms, private baths, Hi speed wireless internet, in-room safes, DirecTV with 8 complimentary movie channels, great artwork, breakfast buffet, fitness center, historic tours from our door, discounted indoor parking nearby, a friendly staff and reasonable and consistent rates from $119. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Alexander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Hotel Philadelphia
- Alexander Inn Philadelphia