“Very Good Food, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Table 31 - CLOSED

Table 31
1701 John F Kennedy Blvd, Ste 100, Philadelphia, PA 19103-2871 (City Center West)
215-567-7111
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: City Center West
Cross street: 17th St.
Transit: The Comcast Center is adjacent to Suburban Station on SEPTA's Regional Rail lines. You may also take the Market-Frankford El to 15th Street Station, or the Broad Street Subway to City Hall Station. Please call 215.567.7111 for directions or more information.
Adrian, Michigan
1,317 reviews 1,317 reviews
“Very Good Food, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My colleagues and I were in town for a conference and decided to give this place a try. We were originally going elsewhere but passed this place on the way and opted to give it a try. We were not disappointed. The location on 17th and JFK (with the entrance on 17th) readily stood out to us. The ambiance appeared quite inviting from the outside. We were seated right away without a problem even though we did not have reservations. The person who waited on us was clearly very experienced as he was on top of things most of the night. The atmosphere was quite fine for us. It was a little loud but we were able to carry on a conversation and no other party's conversation carried to our area in a manner that was distracting. We started with the large antipasto misto which offered a huge amount of food; it was almost too much for the three of us. It is probably better to get the smaller portion unless there are at least four or five in your party. But we indeed found the mix of meats, olives, artichoke hearts and bread to be fantastic. I then had the the homemade corn chowder which was very tasty. For mains, I got the trout which was very nicely done. It had a very pleasant taste and was not fishy at all. One of my colleagues had the butternut squash and smoked chicken ravioli. He said it had a very nice taste but was too much for him to finish. They offered a smaller portion and he regretted not scaling down. My other colleague had the meatballs which came as three huge portions. He also had the crab cake and this turned out to be more than he could finish. But he was very happy with the taste. The prices were about what you would expect for this type of restaurant in downtown Philadelphia. I would recommend giving this spot a try if you are looking for Italian in the downtown area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“Food was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

There were 4 of us dining together. The atmosphere was great, The spinach was really good however my steak was very tough. Dinner seemed rushed by the wait staff and there weren't that busy.

Visited March 2013
Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
“Totally lackluster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hearing that this restaurant was in the Comcast Bldg., I mistakenly thought it was going to be on a high floor first of all. That was my mistake for not looking into it further. The restaurant had all the ambiance of a TGI Fridays. Seriously, it was bad. We were not the easiest table, because we were 3 couples, and it took a while to get our act together, but in our defense, we were ordering drinks and apps and the place was empty for a Sat. night. Our waiter was NOT busy. I found it extremely annoying that he constantly tried to up-sell us though. Like, "that wine isn't so good...try this chardonnay" by the glass - only to find out you just ordered one that's twice the price. Then he tried to talk my friend into a steak dish twice the price of the one he chose because his choice was inferior - really??? I don't know. Seemed like he was trying to make some extra money on us since he didn't have enough customers that night. We even ordered dessert in spite of the so-so entrees, and when you can't even get a chocolate lava cake right (it wasn't completely warm in the center), I don't know what to tell you...

I definitely would not recommend this place. There are too many great restaurants in Philly. This is not one of them.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to eat and enjoy good food and drink!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to eat unwind and relax really good music mixed crowd fun atmosphere to eather hang at bar or enjoy nice dinner at a table with your significant other, couples or friends enjoy!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“ate there two nights in a row”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I got out of Philly just before the hurricane. Ate there 2 nights in a row.If you like thin crust pizza
this is your place!
Chopped salad is outstanding,gnochi is home made.Snails were chewy.everything else was great.

• Visited November 2012